PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Bases

dwolfe12345
04-07-2008, 10:48 PM
I have a question for all of those that collect game used bases. I just picked up my first one, and it was a Detroit Tiger game last season. I looked back at the stats and they apparently had a long rain delay before the game. The base is dirty as hell! I would really like to get it signed by Curtis Granderson and have him ad the 20-20-20-20 inscription. What are your thoughts on this idea? I dont know if I should leave the dirt, clean it completely, or just clean a small area near the bottom for him to sign. I am worried about having him sign it and then they dirt falling off and having the signature flake.

DonFan23
04-08-2008, 07:16 AM
If anything is caked on, then clean it off before signing - wipe it down with a damp rag. The base will still be toned from the clay, which is what I think you're looking for. You'd have a hard time removing all of the clay even with a scrub brush, as the rubber is pourous. Just be sure to use a thick enough sharpie for signing, as the rough surface will cause a thinner one to jump and you'll be left with a miserable signature.

GameBats
04-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Have him sign the back of the base.

kj33706
04-09-2008, 05:55 PM
can you post pics of the base