PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for an article or news story to warn game used collector about Lou Lampson?

3arod13
04-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Is it possible for an article or news story to warn game used collectors, who don't know GUU, about Lou Lampson?

As much as he has been proven wrong, and he's never come forward to defend himself, couldn't a article or news story be written about him to warn all collectors out there who aren't aware of GUU?

I realize there would be legal issues, but the number of times he has been proven wrong, the amount of fraud is unbelieveable.

Tony

nyjetsfan14
04-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Is it possible for an article or news story to warn game used collectors, who don't know GUU, about Lou Lampson?

As much as he has been proven wrong, and he's never come forward to defend himself, couldn't a article or news story be written about him to warn all collectors out there who aren't aware of GUU?

I realize there would be legal issues, but the number of times he has been proven wrong, the amount of fraud is unbelieveable.

Tony

I think it would be a disservice so collectors to make it seem that Lampson is the problem. The main focus should always be to do your own homework and try not to solely rely on ANY authenticator when it comes to authenticating an item. Sometimes it is hard when we get caught up in the moment of seeing a piece we might really want but a fellow Jets collector and good friend of mine has slowly taught me to take your time and do your research so that as a collector you feel comfortable with the item. Using fellow collectors and forums such as this board go a long way in helping. aneas sets an incredible example of what it takes to gather as much info/evidence as possible. Just my two cents.

GO JETS!

cohibasmoker
04-06-2008, 10:01 AM

Tony

There have been comments written about Lou Lampson. Chris Nerat wrote in his blog:

Well, when people found out that Lou was at the National last year, not one single person came up to him and challenged him with any concerns that were mentioned on the board. Also, Lou will be on a panel at the PCCE with other authenticators to help educate collectors. And when that was called to the attention of the members of gameusedforum.com, nobody seemed to want to go to the show in Chicago to talk with Lou. (http://gavelchat.sportscollectorsdigest.com/ct.ashx?id=a31ae9d5-b283-46de-ba36-2294f378280d&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gameuseduniverse.com%2fvb_for um%2fshowthread.php%3ft%3d14985)

Space restraints stopped me from posting the entire blog. But, to be fair and balanced, you can check out the entire article at: http://gavelchat.sportscollectorsdigest.com/CommentView,guid,a31ae9d5-b283-46de-ba36-2294f378280d.aspx

Jim

both-teams-played-hard
04-06-2008, 02:23 PM
A google search of Lou Lampson puts examples of his mistakes in the top 4 or 5. Also, don't forget the NY Daily News' article on the infamous Jordan. No instigating, attacks...just the facts. Although L.L. gets lost in the mix. L.L. skates, and Mastro takes the bullet. The same google search puts threads from this forum throughout the first few pages.
Mr. Lampson does get some things right. But, legit gamers authenticate themselves. Folks like any LOA, because it legitimizes items to uneducated buyers. It is paramount for re-sell purposes.
It's just a letter of opinion, so how can you sue?
"pretty sneaky, sis..."

Sincityson
04-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Maybe a LL website describing every known situation would be beneficial. That would certainly capture the media's attention.

commando
04-06-2008, 05:06 PM
"pretty sneaky, sis..."

One of those letters could cost you much more than losing a "Connect Four" game, LOL!

zonker
04-06-2008, 05:37 PM
anyone can write an l.o.a. for free, but the game used collecter's seem to wan't a "expert" l.o.a and wiling to pay for it. if you claim to be an expert and accept money for this service and advertise you offer this service. it is just an "opinion" and can't be sued for an opinion. but if you have enough proof that this person has been proven mutiple time not to be such an expert. could you then sue them for being a fraud? (example) a architect is a person who offer's a service to design's a house for you for a charge. he does his thing and say's it's all good and work's. so you invest into the architect and start building and come to find out he wasn't as good as you thought and lose a ton of money. you can sue him for his lack of work and opinion it's all good. right? i don't see the differance a service is a service and useally if that service is so bad you lose money on it. you can sue. and if found out to be a fraud you can go after them in criminal court. right?