PDA

View Full Version : More Elite Sports Marketing Problems

SSB15
04-05-2008, 04:31 PM
I wanted to update everyone on my continuing saga with Elite Sports Marketing. Several weeks ago I purchased a game used Adam Dunn glove from Elite Sports Marketing. I then received a call from Scot of Elite Sports Marketing, who informed me the glove came in with no use and I would not want it. I asked him to send me photos of the glove and he said yes. Of course, I never received the photos of the glove.

The next thing I know, Elite Sports Marketing sells the Adam Dunn glove to another collector on this forum. I do not fault the other collector.

My credit cared statement came in the mail last week and contained a charge from Elite Sports Marketing for the glove. I then e-mail Elite Sports Marketing about why my credit card was charged and why was my card not credited for an item I never received. In typical Elite Sports Marketing fashion, I never received a reply e-mail from Elite Sports Marketing.

I called the credit card company to dispute the charge. I now have to send the credit card company all of this paperwork to support my position of not receiving the glove.

IN MY OPINION, I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM ELITE SPORTS MARKETING. IF I HAD SENT ELITE SPORTS MARKETING A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER, I WOULD PROBABLY NEVER SEE MY MONEY REFUNDED. I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE PAID FOR THE ITEM WITH AMERICAN EXPRESS......[/I][/B]

Scott

aeneas01
04-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I called the credit card company to dispute the charge. I now have to send the credit card company all of this paperwork to support my position of not receiving the glove.
Scott

you need to get a hold of someone at your credit card company that knows what he/she is talking about - the charge should immediately be reversed (your account credited for the full amount) while your cc company investigates by asking the seller for proof of delivery and receipt. if the seller can't provide this information, or doesn't provide it within a certain time frame, the dispute should be settled in your favor. in short, you shouldn't have to do anything more than dispute the charge....

AWA85
04-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Good old Elite..... I have a question, how many names on ebay do they sell under? Anyone else seen parkviewauctions and a few others that carry a ton of ELITE products? Just wondering? I picked up a pair of Adam Dunn cleats and am very happy with them, but other than that I try to stay away from Elite.

Vintagedeputy
04-05-2008, 09:09 PM
what a bunch of boobs

whatupyos
04-05-2008, 10:31 PM
HAHAHA!!! Well said Vintage Duputy!!! Well said!!!

whatupyos
04-05-2008, 10:32 PM
My bad, I can't spell....Vintage Deputy, too bad I can't edit!! Sorry.

Vintagedeputy
04-05-2008, 10:39 PM
HAHAHA!!! Well said Vintage Duputy!!! Well said!!!

Thank you! I was originally thinking "assclowns", but I think "boobs" really says it all. :)

Jim

SSB15
04-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Good old Elite..... I have a question, how many names on ebay do they sell under? Anyone else seen parkviewauctions and a few others that carry a ton of ELITE products? Just wondering? I picked up a pair of Adam Dunn cleats and am very happy with them, but other than that I try to stay away from Elite.

I saw that as well. I only collect Reds items. I would like to have a Dunn game used item. However, I just cannot bring myself to buy from Elite, even on E-bay...

Scott

nyjetsfan14
04-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I saw that as well. I only collect Reds items. I would like to have a Dunn game used item. However, I just cannot bring myself to buy from Elite, even on E-bay...

Scott

A while back I bought a jersey with their COA from another collector. After a zillion attempts to communicate with them about the item I have given up...I'd have a better chance of getting ahold of Osama at this point. Why a business wouldn't want to offer quality customer service is beyond me, you'd think they'd be making much more money and have many more return customers if they treated us with any type of respect/dignity and showed a little professionalism. Oh well, I for one won't be patronizing but as I mentioned in another thread...they will still get their customers and make their profits.

sarahsdad
04-06-2008, 01:16 PM
As long as people keep spending their money and buying their items they will always be around. I have read so many posts from Forum members who chime in when someone posts a complaint about them yet turn around and say how they purchased something from them and "Are very happy with them" but other then that they "Try to stay away from them" Which one is it? You are happy with them but you try to stay away from them. Defies logic to some extent. When you start talking with your wallet Elite will have no one left to sell to. Until then, they will always be around.
Sarahsdad

commando
04-06-2008, 02:17 PM
I kind of addressed this type of thing in another thread. If you collect a player's memorabilia that is hard to find, do you not buy a piece that becomes available just because Elite is selling it? That answer varies from collector to collector, but I think many people will risk buying from Elite to get an item they really want.

Seems like "dancin' with the devil" has been a part of the hobby long before Elite came around...

AWA85
04-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. It is hard when they carry a player such as Ivan Rodriguez or Adam Dunn and that is who you collect. Being a huge Adam Dunn fan, it is the only way to pick up items such as cleats and batting gloves. I have avoided Elite on items that I do not "need" such as minor players or other Reds but when it comes to something like Dunn, if I feel comfortable with the product I will make a purchase.

Elite will always be in business because so many people see them on Ebay and have no knowledge of past dealings. They may burn their bridges with many people, but in the long run I have a feeling they will still be there making a buck or two.

prestigecollectibles
06-06-2008, 11:19 PM
My friend in Japan purchased some items from Scot at Elite in February for $565. His credit card was charged this amount but the next day he was charged $5650. We have been trying for over 3 months to get this $5650 charge removed. Elite never answers their phones and calls are never returned. It is difficult to get these charges removed in Japan and Scot is not helping at all. He sells tons of items on Ebay and should be stopped.

mariner_gamers
06-07-2008, 02:11 AM
Elite has definately slipped in their product quality in my humble opinion. Originally they had some very nice game used product but in the past few months things have been a bit under par.....

End of line........

sarahsdad
06-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Several months ago Elite would post items for sale on this Forum on a frequent/continual basis however as time has passed and they continually confirm their horrendous reputation you do not see them posting on the Forum anymore. Speak with your wallets and they will go away. It appears Forum members have done just that. As Scot reads the posts on this Forum on a regular basis I challenge him or any of the clowns who work for Elite to post and refute but Scot has never accepted my challenge to post and I do not expect him to start now. RIP Elite.
Sarahsdad

David
06-07-2008, 02:29 PM
I don't know that relevant law and am not quoting it, but knowingly keeping $5,000+ on a wrong credit card charge sounds kind of close close to being a felony.

mariner_gamers
06-07-2008, 09:36 PM
I don't know that relevant law and am not quoting it, but knowingly keeping $5,000+ on a wrong credit card charge sounds kind of close close to being a felony.

David, I think you are probably correct in your evaluation of said senario....