PDA

View Full Version : Ben Sheets on ebay

mattmueller
04-05-2008, 06:48 AM
I posed this question in the GU Memorabilia section last time the jersey was listed on ebay, but didn't really get any definitive feedback on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170207370144&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr3_PcY_BID_IT&refitem=170205007598&itemcount=3&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CategoryProximity&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=its%3DS%252BI

I have contacted the seller and have learned that the jersey has no tagging at all, except for what appears to be correct neck nagging shown on the photos on ebay. Not even Majestic tagging on front. I have obtained additional photos from the seller and it does not even appear a Majestic tag was removed. Anybody have any idea how this unusual combination would come about?

Other notes, the seller obtained the jersey at a charity golf outing in fall 2006. The MLB hologram is not in the MLB database. No letter with the jersey from the Brewers, just a Brewer team card that states something to the effect of "Congrats on this Ben Sheets fan pack including a bobblehead, signed baseball, and game used jersey".

Thanks,
Matt

WadeInBmore
04-05-2008, 01:50 PM
It looks like it has an MLB hologram on it...maybe its MLB authenticated. If so, you can get the number on the hologram and look it up in their database...and possibly find out a bit more on this jersey and its potential authenticity.

wade

mattmueller
04-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I did obtain the hologram number and its not in the MLB database. I have been told that items given at charity events often to do make it in the database becaues they are sent to the charity in haste and not properly recorded. Of course, it seems MLB has problems across the board on getting items in there, so hard to tell. Either way, yes an MLB hologram but not in the database.