PDA

View Full Version : Turn Back The Clock Jerseys?

suave1477
02-22-2006, 10:50 PM
OK I am going to ask as I am naive to these jeresys?

Who is the manufacturer of these jerseys?

Do they hold any real general market value? or are they just eye appeal to a collection?

Do they normally come with some kind of team LOA or another authenticating service LOA?

What is a good price to pay for a turn back the clock jersey for a common/no name player?

If any one can help great!!!

pietraynor
02-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Here's my limited knowledge. In my collection I have 3 TBTC Jerseys 2 from the '05 Pirates-Mets Series (1 of each both made by AIS); '04 Indians from a series w/ the Orioles (Made by Rawlings Auth. Diamond Collection). I like the throwback styles, they look great when displayed! The Pirates & Indians jerseys came w/ LOA's, while the Mets did not, though used in the same series (!?)..All are autographed. I'd say a fair price for a common is $150-200. Hope this helps. Jay

suave1477
02-22-2006, 11:50 PM
pietraynor yes i appreciate your help, now yours are interesting bcuz yours are negro league throwbacks, are your negro league jerseys actually game worn in a mets pirates game?

The reason why i am asking about this is, someone is offering me a turn back the clock mitchell and ness made jersey from a game in 1999 new york mets. I am curious if anyone is familiar with Mitchell and Ness providing jerseys for turn back the clock games?

If anyone can add some input please do?

pietraynor
02-23-2006, 01:00 AM
Affirm on the game worn Negro Lg Throwbacks..both from '05 the Pirates Jersey is Jack Wilson's (clubbed a Grand Slam during the game), the Mets Jersey is Pedro Martinez. LOA direct from the Pirates w/actual jersey pictured. As far as Mitchell & Ness throwbacks, it's my understanding some teams did use them in games, usually w/the date of the game noted somewhere near the tag. I don't know how many of each player was produced, so there may be some "game issued" as well. I do have a couple of Betlin-made Minor Lg AAA throwbacks, again Negro Lg style from the Columbus Clippers (Drew Henson signed) & Norfolk Tides from a game they played in Columbus in '03, forgot about those.

suave1477
02-23-2006, 01:05 AM
pietraynor thanks for all your help!!! the jersey i am being offered is a mitchell and ness jersey from the mets from a game in 1999 it is a throwback jersey of 1969, pietraynor im curious what do you normally collect?

pietraynor
02-23-2006, 02:40 AM
Thanks for asking..My collection runs the gamut--been in the hobby 25yrs, so like many, I've acquired a house full from auctions both nationwide & local, team sales & ebay. Enjoy G/U items, have a large Ohio State Football collection, handful of vintage baseball items & of course, Pie Traynor. Have 1 version of his store model glove in the box, need another if anyone has 1 to give up. I enjoy the history of the game, older, vintage pieces..Have Traynor & Ott store model bats/gloves, Traynor's personal scrapbooks (from Leland's sale years ago)..Vintage team cabinet photos both BB & FB..Stadium seats from Cincy/Cleveland..One of my favorite finds included purchasing at auction 6 1930s Honus Wagner Co. Baseballs each snow white & Mint in the Box w/Wagner pictured on the ball & box, along w/ fascimile auto, these came in the box that held 12 originally. I talked w/ the owner after the sale & he said he couldn't believe the price they brought & he was originally going to donate them to the local Elementary School to USE!! Another nice item is a signed Woody Hayes HS Yearbook from 1931.

suave1477
02-23-2006, 10:26 AM
pietraynor you have some nice items, i saw a few months back something really cool on ebay. i saw someone selling a college yearbook from i believe pennsylvania. Here is the kicker to the story - when all the kids in 1920 something, got there yearbooks they went around having the other kids sign it, but there was one kid that when he got his he ran over to the pirates feild where they were practicing and had the whole team autograph the inside of the first page. One of the autographs was Honus Wagner. It sold on ebay for a little over $1000