PDA

View Full Version : ARod Shipping Records

sforaker
02-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Mike/Jim:

I would appreciate it if you could please post 2003 shipping record information for Alex Rodriguez.

In addition, I would appreciate your comment on whether some of his game bats from 2003 may have had the "Louisville Slugger" text on the label where the "Texas Rangers" text would normally be stamped.

Thanks

Scott

JimCaravello
02-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Hi Scott - unfortunately, we do not have Arod's shipping records. I can tell you that in the past, on bats in the 90's when Louisville Slugger is on the barrel as opposed to the team name, the bat could be either ( 1 ) a promotional order or ( 2 ) ordered for the player while he was in the minor leagues. I don't know if either of these situations apply to the bat you have mentioned. Also - look at the wood grain and finish and game use and compare it to other game used bats. Also measure and weigh the bat and compare that to what you see in the market. If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know. Jim

soxwin1
02-23-2006, 08:39 AM
In 2003 I was associated with a MLB team. Arod was using and i received 3 bats on 2 seperate trips into town bats with LS and no Rangers team name. Bats were C271 IDENTICAL to the bats with Rangers stamped. Same finish double / triple dipped etc. I was there he was using them and he had more of those than bats with Rangers on them as I recall. My opinion having seen them as well as getting them 1st hand is they are as good as a anything else. Hope this helps. Long since sold all three after he left the Rangers so I can't give you pics.

JimCaravello
02-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Arod could very well have ordered the bats that way - or the team ordered them and he used them. I think I saw on the Forum somewhere that a few years ago Arod ordered bats without the major league logo on the sweetpsot when they were stamping them that way? I don't doubt your story at all - problem is that during the 90's most collectors like the team name on the barrel and are leery of bats that don't have that. If you saw him use it - or was given the bat by Arod - that's darn good provenance and to the recipient - its a great piece. To the next person in line, it may not mean as much....Jim