PDA

View Full Version : First Attempt at Bat Repair

Rob L
04-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Picked this Grich gamer up a few weeks ago. The end of the bat had pretty significant water damage. I contacted Fred Lowman to see what his thoughts were on cleaning this up a bit. Fred told me to sand water damaged area but to be careful at the water line as the discoloration could be deep and a groove in the bat would look bat. Fred was right, although I could lighten the water line, it was deep into the wood. After sanding it a bit, I gave it a couple of Golden Oak stain. It's not the greatest job but I think it does look a bit better.

scottanservitz
04-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Rob,
I think it looks much better. Very good job. I repaired a severely cracked bat I just bought, and although it isn't perfect it does look better. If you are happy then that is all that counts!

Scott

Rob L
04-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Rob,
I think it looks much better. Very good job. I repaired a severely cracked bat I just bought, and although it isn't perfect it does look better. If you are happy then that is all that counts!

Scott

Thanks Scott. I guess saying my this was my first attempt at bat repair is a bit of misnomer. I have repaired all of my cracked bats. This is just an attempt beyond fixing cracks.