PDA

View Full Version : Bonds Jacket + Lampson Loa...priceless!!!

hblakewolf
02-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Forum readers-

How about this deal! The current "Bonds" jaket is only $1.80 on Ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/BARRY-BONDS-2001-GAME-USED-GIANTS-JACKET-LAMPSON-LOA_W0QQitemZ8768601736QQcategoryZ60597QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

What is interesting is that the jacket is "Circa 2001" . How the jacket is attributed to this specific season is a complete mystery to me. Likewise, I don't think Bonds has worn a size large since his early days with the Pirates. If this alone does not make you uneasy, it does have a LOA from Lampson outlining the details of Hall of Fame piece and mentions his 30+ years of expertise in the hobby.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

trsent
02-22-2006, 04:52 PM
I know nothing about this item, but I do recall in the old days Barry used to sell stuff through his cousin, so a jacket could be attributed to a year. Needless to say, most of those items came with a hologram and LOA, so I wouldn't know how to attribute this item to anything.

hblakewolf
02-22-2006, 05:04 PM
I know nothing about this item, but I do recall in the old days Barry used to sell stuff through his cousin, so a jacket could be attributed to a year. Needless to say, most of those items came with a hologram and LOA, so I wouldn't know how to attribute this item to anything.

Joel-
Your comment, "...i wouldn't know how to attribute this item to anything" sums up exactly what I was pointing out. No hologram, small size, and a Lampson LOA. For $1.80, it may not be a bad jacket to mow the lawn in!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

trsent
02-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Howard, stop it with the $1.80 current bid price - The seller started the item at .99 cents with a reserve, the $1.80 price means nothing - It is not a valid point and you keep bringing it up. I list all my items at a .99 cents starting bid, I know the public will set a price in the end.

This guy even paid eBay extra to set a reserve, which costs a fortune these days.

Did you ask the seller for how the item was obtained and maybe for a close-up of the Lou Lampson letter to help determine how Lou authenticated the item?

hblakewolf
02-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Joel-
The item as obtained from American Memorabila. Likewise, the Lampson LOA can be read from the Ebay posting.

You're a gambling kind of guy-how about a wager on this one? I'm confident that collectors will realize the same issues I have raised here, and as such, bidding will be extremely low. Care to place a wager?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

trsent
02-22-2006, 06:29 PM
I'll bet you $5000.00 that the jacket sells for more than $2500.00.

Oh wait, you know I'd win that bet. Amarillo Slim taught me to always bet on a sure winner, and I'd be sure I'd win that bet (and the seller would like their final sale price).

I can't read the letter from the photo of it.

I am not questioning that there may or may not be an issue with the item, I just was making the point that Bonds did have a lot of stuff sold through his cousin back in the day.

Then again, it appears you didn't first contact the seller before asking questions. I was making an issue of the $1.80 current bid price doesn't mean a thing. eBay just lowered their base listing fee to .20 cents for any item started at .99 cents or less.

I most always start my items at pennies and let the public set a price.

Now I have to bid on this jacket!

Joel

trsent
02-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Ok, good, now it is at $26.00 - Reserve not Met!

trsent
02-26-2006, 01:17 AM
You all will be happy, the jacket just ended at $305.00 - Reserve not met.

astros*bats
02-28-2006, 08:16 PM
So don't you owe $5000?

trsent
02-28-2006, 08:35 PM
You'd have to have taken me up on the bet before the end of the auction.

Geez, I'd have gladly paid $2500.00 to collect a $5000.00 bet over it.

Slim always taught me how to make bets that I can't lose. I would have never lost that bet if somoene took me up on it! :rolleyes:

hblakewolf
03-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Joel-
Look who came back for a dance with you............

http://cgi.ebay.com/BARRY-BONDS-2001-GAME-USED-GIANTS-JACKET-LAMPSON-LOA_W0QQitemZ8781725716QQcategoryZ60597QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

allstarsplus
03-16-2006, 08:40 AM
A 2001 in a size L for Large. Are you kidding me!!!! Oh yah, it has a 25 written on the size tag so......let's see.....25 means Barry Bonds!!!! How clever!

It says "MAKE AN OFFER" on the auction. The Giants team store sells those for $85 so I will offer the guy $25 since it looks like someone really did wear it!!!

trsent
03-17-2006, 02:45 AM
I out bid you - I bid $26.00.

Howard, the only dance going on right now is this big basketball tournament that is the most exciting finalization to any major sports season.

I always say, you can take the NFL Playoffs, the MLB Playoffs (yes, I know once again, my White Sox won, now I can die in peace), the NBA and NHL Playoffs (Why do they even have a regular season in these leagues) and the BCS (joke) and trash them all.

The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament is the most wonderful time of the year!