PDA

View Full Version : ManRam Max Bats

Rob L
02-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Anyone have an idea what years did Manny Ramirez use Max Bats?

Thanks,

Rob L

gameused
02-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Rob,

I have not seen any photos or film of Manny using a Max bat during a game. He may have used Max bats during BP.

Are you inquiring about the Manny Max bat on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MANNY-RAMIREZ-GAME-USED-RED-SOX-J26-MAX-BAT-RARE_W0QQitemZ8768493117QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

When reading the description it mentions the bat has many cleat marks, I own over a dozen of Manny Ramirez game used bats from 2004 and 2005 and not one of my bats has a single cleat mark.

One thing to look for with Manny Red Sox bats is a lot of ball/seam marks primarily on the left hitting area or just above his name on the barrel, pine tar on the centerbrand area and lower handle, sometimes you will find red Fenway dirt stuck into the pine tar. Also, Manny usually has his uniform number written on the end of knob and top of barrel, but I own a few of his bats with no uniform number written. I posted some pics of a Manny 2005 M-9 bat for you to see.

Thanks, Bobby

gameused
02-22-2006, 09:12 PM
More pics!

Rob L
02-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks. I actually have a Max Bat that is allegedly from the 2005 season. It has all of the things to look for you that mentioned, including the hitting area, pine tar and numbers on both ends. I thought I saw an image of a Max bat from one of the Getty images a while back but there is another bat that has a similar oval logo (can't remember which one) so I couldn't be positive.

Thanks. Rob L

gameused
02-23-2006, 03:40 AM
Rob,

Could you post photos of your Manny Max bat? I would like to see it.

Thanks, Bobby

Rob L
02-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Here is the Max Bat in all of it's glory:

The photos include the pine tar coated handle. A photo of the barrel showing Manny's name and model no. with ball marks above it, the ball marks themselves and the knob and cup.

Rob L

gameused
02-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Rob,

Nice bat. I'm remember seeing this Manny Max bat offered by California Sports Inv.

If I find any Manny photos with him with a Max bat, I will let you know. Thanks for the pics!

Bobby

Rob L
06-11-2007, 01:17 PM
John 8 Us,

Any info on when Manny used this Max bat. It is from the 2005 season and I would love to find an image of him with a Max Bat.

Thanks,

Rob L

gamer35
06-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Rob,
I have nearly every one of Manny's ABs from 2003 on archived and I can say with great confidence that he never used a MAX bat in any game action. Could be a BP bat, but never seen one used during the game.

jon_8_us
06-11-2007, 06:53 PM
John 8 Us,

Any info on when Manny used this Max bat. It is from the 2005 season and I would love to find an image of him with a Max Bat.

Thanks,

Rob L

I think what you might be refering to about a similar logo used during 05 was a Mash bat.It has the similar oval logo(i have provided pics below).Like Bobby i have never seen a photo or video of Manny using Max bats during games.I would most likely guess it to be a BP bat.Hope this helps.
jon

P.S. Bobby shoot me an email.I know i screwed up a deal between you and i but this has gone to far.I apologize.....we have to much to share to not be talking

big10champ
06-12-2007, 12:12 AM
This is a great thread, I wish there were more informational threads being created here on the forum. I like the idea of different members posting pictures of items from their collections, showing different use characteristics of their game used items, and how a players tendencies change over the course of a players career. It helps educate us all on the types of items we should be looking for and items we should be staying away from.:)

Anyone that wants to start a threat for an individual player and have other members post pictures of that players game used items in the thread would be a welcome addition to this forum.

Rob L
06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Hey guys,

Any idea which bat he is using in this photo:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/loefflerrd/53341355.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/loefflerrd/53341356.jpg

jon_8_us
06-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Hey guys,

Any idea which bat he is using in this photo:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/loefflerrd/53341355.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/loefflerrd/53341356.jpg

I have those photo's in my log as Mash bat photo's.These pics were taken in 05 during the time Manny was exclusively using the Mash bats like the one i pictured.
jon

Rob L
06-12-2007, 01:15 PM
I thought the Mash Bats had black cups? Did they also make bats with natural wood cups?

Rob L

jon_8_us
06-12-2007, 03:13 PM
I thought the Mash Bats had black cups? Did they also make bats with natural wood cups?

Rob L

Yes.All the pics i have seen and the bat i own has a natural cup.I feel for you on your search....
jon

Rob L
06-25-2007, 11:53 PM
The use of the Max Bat for BP is looking to be the case. He made 2 orders for Max Bats in 2005, one during Spring Training and one during the Red Sox visit to the Metrodome in early August 2005. Unfortunately, Getty doesn't have images for the first half of August, but with the number of ball marks on the bat, it would have to be from batting practice. It's very unlikely that this many ball marks would be on a game bat that wasn't used much.

The search has been fun. Thanks all for the info.

Rob L

gameused
06-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Rob,

I found a photo of Manny with a natural colored Max bat from a spring training game in 2006, not sure if his name is on the bat, but heres proof Manny used a Max bat during a game.

Best Regards, Bobby