PDA

View Full Version : Arod Blood

joelsabi
03-29-2008, 10:56 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Yankees-Blood-sample-from-Alex-Rodriguez_W0QQitemZ170205519499QQihZ007QQcategoryZ 27260QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In 2002, on a road trip with Texas into Boston, I spotted A-Rod leaving the Sheraton Hotel...he rubbed his hand on a parked car and cut it...he picked up a newspaper off the ground and wiped the blood off his hand. I took the newspaper and kept it. That may sound crazy but I knew that it would come in handy one day. In this day of steroids and all the controversy, especially with Canseco implying that A-Rod did 'roids, this may be the day.
Do a test for steroids with the blood sample. Burn it. Frame it. Its up to you but this is truly a unique item.
The newspaper is dated 8/14-22/02 and is called WeeklyDig.com, probably a free paper that is distributed via remote vending boxes on city streets

I am waiting for this one dealer to buy it and triple the price and say its "killing me to sell this"

metsbats
03-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Somehow i can not imagine a man with a 250 million contract picking up a newspaper off the ground to wipe a bloody cut. I think he could afford to have a hanky in his pocket or a least a some kleenex.

David

3arod13
03-31-2008, 11:45 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Yankees-Blood-sample-from-Alex-Rodriguez_W0QQitemZ170205519499QQihZ007QQcategoryZ 27260QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In 2002, on a road trip with Texas into Boston, I spotted A-Rod leaving the Sheraton Hotel...he rubbed his hand on a parked car and cut it...he picked up a newspaper off the ground and wiped the blood off his hand. I took the newspaper and kept it. That may sound crazy but I knew that it would come in handy one day. In this day of steroids and all the controversy, especially with Canseco implying that A-Rod did 'roids, this may be the day.
Do a test for steroids with the blood sample. Burn it. Frame it. Its up to you but this is truly a unique item.
The newspaper is dated 8/14-22/02 and is called WeeklyDig.com, probably a free paper that is distributed via remote vending boxes on city streets

I am waiting for this one dealer to buy it and triple the price and say its "killing me to sell this"

Joel, I know exactly who you are talking about. He makes me laugh with his auctions. He'll buy something for $75, and then relist it for $2,000.

Vintagedeputy
03-31-2008, 03:17 PM
I would imagine that a blood stained newspaper is a biohazard and its sale is prohibited on ebay.

Nathan
03-31-2008, 03:33 PM
I would imagine that a blood stained newspaper is a biohazard and its sale is prohibited on ebay.

The general rule has been "if it dries, it dies" (referring to blood and assorted pathogens). But then, eBay has never been consistent with application of rules anyway.