PDA

View Full Version : NBA Auction All Star Jersey Exquisite613 Strikes Again

Texans
03-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Exquisite613 won all the game used jersey. Took a day off from work to see if I could win one. When I saw him bidding I didnt bother. Anybody win anything?

Jojo

worldchamps
03-26-2008, 09:24 PM
I am glad someone else feels my pain, so deflating to lose everything you bid on

If anyone is listening from Meigray is listening, this is not fun!

Texans
03-26-2008, 09:43 PM
I was going to ask for next week off also for the Western Jeresy but it would be a waste of vacation time. I hope he doest bid on the retro jersey auction coming up because I want to win a couple of them. Its not because you won the auction but he let you have it.

Jojo

indyred
03-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Atleast he left some of the skills jerseys for some other bidders. Has anyone ever went head to head with him and outbid him before? He must draw the line somewhere on how much he will bid. He has got have some kind of NBA game used jersey Museum going up with all the stuff he has won from these NBA.com Meigray auctions. I wonder if MeiGray gives him a discount on shipping or if Exquisite613 just flys in and picks them up himself from the MeiGray shop.

Texans
03-27-2008, 12:18 AM
I think every item he placed a bid on he has won. Nobody is going to outbidded him. It would be cool to own a jersey from the all star game that is legit. Hopefully Meigray will get some next year.

Jojo

worldchamps
03-27-2008, 09:19 AM
He never loses. Look him up on ebay, he collects thouse high end upper deck equisite cards. Some of those cards sell for more than a game jersey would cost. I dont want to sound like a sore loser but this sucks. I really think people have stopped bidding on nba.com because they know they will lose.

BarryMeisel
03-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi WorldChamps,

Yes, we are listening. And I am always wondering if there are ways we can do something differently, to improve upon a level of commitment to collectors we think is tops in the field of game-worn jerseys.

May I ask you to respectfully consider what we have done to ensure fairness for all collectors:

1) Now that we have introduced NBAGAMEWORN.COM, we have many game-worn NBA jerseys available in stock for order and available for pre-order, where auctions are not involved.

2) For 11 years, we have taken non-binding requests from collectors and tried to fulfill these requests for NHL jerseys. We offer the same concept with NBA items. If there is something you are looking for, please ask, and we will try to offer it to you, with no obligation on your part to purchase if we do offer you the item.

3) Can we ensure that an item will be offered for retail sale instead of auction? No. But I think many of you who have dealt with us will attest to the fact that we try to fairly deal with our entire customer base.

4) We offer nobody special favors, shipping discounts, or anything else when one wins an auction.

5) Exquisite613 has not won every auction in which he/she has bid. Exquisite613 was outbid on two of the top seven most expensive items in last night's auction. This information is public, and you can confirm this by viewing the bidding history at NBA Auctions ... by going to Recently Sold Items.

I am eager to discuss any ideas you might have, because we want a level playing field for all collectors, and we want as many collectors as possible to enjoy our new NBA & MGG Program.

We are proud to be able to say that finally, collectors have the opportunity to purchase legitimate game-worn basketball jerseys like the ones worn in the 2008 NBA All-Star Game ... not pro-cuts posing as gamers to unsuspecting collectors.

Thanks,

Barry

beantown
03-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Exquisite613 won all the game used jersey. Took a day off from work to see if I could win one. When I saw him bidding I didnt bother. Anybody win anything?

Jojo

Maybe Exquisite613 is only familiar with the NBA Game Worn / Meigray Auction Site....if it's LBJ you're interested in and want the Meigray COA, go for this one....

http://vintageauthentics.at.truition.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=92117228&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=92463938 (http://vintageauthentics.at.truition.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=92117228&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=92463938)

Texans
03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
I just hope I can win the Rockets retro jersey auction. Thats all I really care about.

Jojo

bushwickbill
03-28-2008, 06:22 PM
why would you have to take a day off form work, if the auctions ended at 8pm central?

Texans
03-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I live in california and work 2nd shift from 4 PM to 12:30AM. I have three kids so my wife works first shift comes home and I go to work. The company filtered all auction on the internet. So Im unable to bid at work. I hate it.

Jojo

The Titan
03-28-2008, 09:44 PM
:D I definitley feel ya'lls pain..

I was surprised I won the Glen Davis Celtics Photo shoot jersey, he won about 25-30 of those jerseys and for some reason didn't go for that one.

Only thing to do right now is pick your highest price, and possibly go a little above it. If he wins it over you, at least you know it didn't go cheap. :(

I'm still gonna bid on the west stuff, if he wins he wins.

Ivan Drago "if he dies, he dies".

Texans
04-01-2008, 06:16 PM
I like the tagging for Juan Carlos Navarro jersey. I guess Adidas is getting ready for next season

worldchamps
04-03-2008, 08:49 AM
0-11 over the 2 auctions

I too had to work, so I took the advise of over-bidding on the items. I got 2nd place on a couple of them, so all I did was drive up the prices. So defeating to come home and have 6 emails, all saying I am a loser!

Texans
04-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I had my wife bid for me while I was at work. I couldnt win anything either. Our best bet is to buy something through there site. The prices are okay. I wish exquisite613 could give us a list of things he does not want to bid on. I saw that the melo shorts did not go for much, I would of place a bid on that item

Jojo

worldchamps
04-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I actually emailed him, he was pretty cool. I told him which items I wanted and curious if he was going to bid on them. He told me he was going to bid on all of the items I wanted. I dont have ill will towards him, but I just know when I am out of my league.

I probably will never bid again, all I did was drive up the prices, and was very disappointed.

I think you will see the jerseys going for less, because a lot of people realize you cant win.

I found it pretty interesting that the Kobe jersey went for less than the Kobe warm up.

Texans
04-03-2008, 12:41 PM
I sold exquisite613 some basketball cards and he is a nice guy. I will still bid on these auctions but hopefully I can win something. I still cant believe the conley jr went for $5000. Thats way too much

Jojo

Ozric
04-03-2008, 01:51 PM
The last Conley Jr jersey the NBA auctioned off went for $500 to masauction. I believe he was the only bidder for it as well. $5,000 makes no sense at all. Especially considering it took two bidders to bid that outrageously...

indyred
04-03-2008, 02:20 PM
There is the NBA HOF and then there is Exquisite613 House. I wouldn't mind going to both someday. They probaly house the 2 finest NBA game worn collections in the world. Some of the lesser stuff went cheap. Didn't Gerald Green slam dunk jersey just go for a little over $300. I guess no longer being in the NBA doesn't help. But he did blow a candle out off the top of the rim in that jersey. A nice piece of NBA slam dunk history. A lot of the shooting shirts and shorts went for less then $200. I thought someone got a real nice deal on the Dirk skills jersey. It went for $500 and change.

jerseydave.com
04-03-2008, 08:27 PM
My wife got bored last night and started adding up how much that guy bid on stuff, he was over $120,000 when she stopped adding... now that is some serious money...

I won the Amare Stoudemire Warm Ups from the Shooting Stars event.. I tried for the Durant Warm Ups and of course I got outbid as well..

David.

gamehawk
05-05-2008, 01:25 PM
I actually just sold my 2008 "NOLA" Iverson All Star Worn Jacket to Jim yesterday. A really nice guy once you get to talking with him. What a collection he has!!

indyred
05-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Would be cool if Exquistite613 posted on here. The Hardwood Classic auctions are going down soon. With Bulls, Heat and Sizers jerseys from this season ending this week on NBA.com auctions. Real fun one's to watch are going to be when the Lakers and Celtics get put up. Texans you may have to start a new thread on the Harwood classic auctions.

bushwickbill
05-08-2008, 09:14 AM
I actually just sold my 2008 "NOLA" Iverson All Star Worn Jacket to Jim yesterday. A really nice guy once you get to talking with him. What a collection he has!!

Jim?

gamehawk
05-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Bushwick,

Does he go by another name then Jim?? His Paypal receipt said Jim?

doodle
03-06-2009, 09:41 AM
I am new to this game-worn jersey auction and last night was the first time I came to know about this exquisite613 by seeing how he cleaned-up the Rookie-Sophomore jerseys in the 2009 All-star game event.

This guy is merciless!!! I have not seen anyone as selfish as this dude. He did not even let go of even those rookie and sophomore jerseys that aren't as popular. He was just on a power trip.

Call me sour graping, but that was just plain selfishness in action right there.

I got so curious about this guy that I looked up his username in the web and saw that he has so many jerseys in his collection. Sometimes 2 or 3 for one player. he is really something.

I just hope that he is not using any bailout money.

otismalibu
03-06-2009, 09:54 AM
This guy is merciless!!! I have not seen anyone as selfish as this dude. He did not even let go of even those rookie and sophomore jerseys that aren't as popular. He was just on a power trip.

Call me sour graping, but that was just plain selfishness in action right there.

I don't know if I'd call it selfish. Ya can't take it with you. Maybe he's trying to build the mother of all collections. There's always someone with deeper pockets.

I'm more annoyed by 'collectors' who constantly show of their newest pickups only to see that item for sale or up for bid within weeks. They're simply flippers that advertise using the "look at this great piece I just acquired" approach.

trsent
03-06-2009, 12:51 PM
This guy just wants to own everything. When he buys Exquisite Cuts, he wants all 7 of an edition of 7, and he has the money to do it. Judging him for buying a lot of items is not fair, he doesn't resell the stuff (at this time) and it is not fair to say he is "selfish" since he is an obsessive collector with a big bankbook it appears!

The hobby needs more collectors like him to keep prices strong.

33bird
03-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Otismalibu-I disagree. I think many times collectors buy something, really like it and then show it off, but then we find something we like even more and sell these items to get it. I do that a lot. I have a few items I hope I'll never get rid of like my Larry Bird game used jersey and playoff shoes, my two pair of Michael Jordan game used 1995-96 shoes, and my Bill Russell game used shorts, and my Kukoc 95-96 Bulls Pinstripe jersey-but other than that, I'll flip almost anything to pursue something better. Just my 2 cents.
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

otismalibu
03-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Otismalibu-I disagree. I think many times collectors buy something, really like it and then show it off, but then we find something we like even more and sell these items to get it. I do that a lot.

Yeah, I know you do it a lot.

I just have a hard time believing you 'really liked' your Bird/Magic/DrJ card for such a short time after getting the final sig before you decided to sell it.

Same with the Converse shoes you flipped.

Waiters now on eBay and I'm sure we'll be seeing some Bulls pinstripes soon.

Again, I don't want people to think I'm opposed to flipping items - everyone does it. It's just when information is gathered in such a way that one might think they're helping a fellow collector, when they're actually helping a seller make an item more attractive so they can sell it...just seems sorta bush league to me.

Texans
03-06-2009, 02:30 PM
I am new to this game-worn jersey auction and last night was the first time I came to know about this exquisite613 by seeing how he cleaned-up the Rookie-Sophomore jerseys in the 2009 All-star game event.

I got so curious about this guy that I looked up his username in the web and saw that he has so many jerseys in his collection. Sometimes 2 or 3 for one player. he is really something.

I just hope that he is not using any bailout money.

I was upset at exqusite613 at first too. Meigray was selling legit game used jersey and I couldnt win any. I talk to exquisite613 a couple of times and he is a good guy. He loves basketball and has the money to buy it. I realize that if I had the money I would probably do the same thing. There are other jersey out there you can get. Just contact Barry or Meigray they can help you out.

Jojo

doodle
03-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm sorry for my strong words, but I was just shocked to say the least. That was the first time that I have seen anyone clean-out everything in his path. He was like a typhoon.

I don't agree with the statement that if I have the money, that I'd do the same. Well, I guess that's just the way I was brought up.

If I have his money? All I'm really going for will be the Finals jersey's of the Lebron's, Kobe's, and Wade's. I'll leave the rest of the jerseys to the other collectors. Now, that is an "Exquisite" collection!

doodle
03-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Now, I'm curious. Does anyone know if he is a young fellow or someone who is already in his 40's who is the CEO of a company.....or is he a sultan or prince of some country? :p

mbenga28
03-06-2009, 04:51 PM
is it unethical to take a game worn jersey you just purchased, less than a week after obtaining it you list it on ebay for more than you originally paid?

Texans
03-06-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm sorry for my strong words, but I was just shocked to say the least. That was the first time that I have seen anyone clean-out everything in his path. He was like a typhoon.

I don't agree with the statement that if I have the money, that I'd do the same. Well, I guess that's just the way I was brought up.

If I have his money? All I'm really going for will be the Finals jersey's of the Lebron's, Kobe's, and Wade's. I'll leave the rest of the jerseys to the other collectors. Now, that is an "Exquisite" collection!

I dont know how he was brought up. He is just a huge NBA fan and love the sport. If he has the money to buy it he should be able to. Once in awhile he doesnt bid in the NBA auction so that will be your chance to win something. Another option is to buy something through the Meigray website.

Jojo

Jojo

trsent
03-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Now, I'm curious. Does anyone know if he is a young fellow or someone who is already in his 40's who is the CEO of a company.....or is he a sultan or prince of some country? :p

The truth would make you laugh!

skipcarayislegend
03-06-2009, 05:26 PM
is it unethical to take a game worn jersey you just purchased, less than a week after obtaining it you list it on ebay for more than you originally paid?

Is this a serious question? :confused:

yanks12025
03-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I dont collect NBA stuff but if i had loads of money(millions) i would try to buy everything dealing with baseball. The reason i would do it would be to to have the great sports collection(bigger then the hall of fame and Barry Halper's). And almost all collectors would want to do the same thing if given the chance.

doodle
03-12-2009, 09:06 PM
jtnbafan is exquisite613 :rolleyes:

They never went at it toe to toe even once for the same jersey in the just concluded NBA auction for the 2009 NBA All-Star game-worn jerseys.

jtnbafan id took the first half of the jerseys, then exquisite613 id took the 2nd half.

Texans
03-13-2009, 01:31 AM
Wow Danny Granger went for 6,000.

Jojo

doodle
03-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I was freakin surprised by that.

Come to think of it. Collectors like exquisite613 is really good for the authentic memorabilia collecting world. By making these game-worn jerseys more difficult to acquire, all the more you'd appreciate what you get from time to time whenever he is asleep :) . All the more that you feel proud of your piece!

doodle
03-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Just imagine, if these game-worn jerseys of the Wade's, the Lebron's, and the Kobe's, can be had for $100 or $200, then it does not make these "exquisite" and more desirable anymore.

The prestige and pride of owning one will be lessen a little bit.

Texans
03-13-2009, 06:23 PM
I wish we could get All Star game used jersey at $200. lol

Jojo

Exquisite613
03-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi everyone. Lots of chatter about me? ? ? ? I would just like to say that I am a collector who loves basketball and I hope you all benefit from the increased demand in the market. There are 2 sets of all-star basketball jerseys. If the other set of All-Star jerseys ever become available, I will leave these available for other collectors.

1986&2004Bosox
03-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Exquisite613 can you drop me an email ejsamm@yahoo.com great collection nice to see you on the board.

both-teams-played-hard
03-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi everyone. Lots of chatter about me? ? ? ? I would just like to say that I am a collector who loves basketball and I hope you all benefit from the increased demand in the market. There are 2 sets of all-star basketball jerseys. If the other set of All-Star jerseys ever become available, I will leave these available for other collectors.
Exquisite
Do you only collect recent NBA jerseys? Do you collect vintage also?

gamehawk
03-14-2009, 11:14 PM
I have actually dealt with Jim several times and he is one of the nicest guys you could ever talk to. Always paying top $$$ even when buying private collections! He is the real deal.

I think it is quite funny that people continue to have such sour grapes about the auctions. Last time I checked, bidding is open to everyone, so quit the bitching, step up to the plate, and pull out that credit card or checkbook if you want to win!! :D :D

reed1216
03-15-2009, 05:08 AM
Exquisite613- Welcome to the forum and congratulations on building such a great collection!!

Exquisite613
03-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Thanks. I do also collect vintage basketball. My collection spans from the 20s original celtics to present day NBA, college and even high school

jordan23collectibles
03-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Nice having you on the GUU board. Wow, a collection of NBA relics from the 20's to the present day !!! That is at least comparable or better than the Naismith BHOF.

What about the Bulls era? Like Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc, Rodman?

Exquisite613
03-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Definitely. I have many jerseys that span the 80s and 90s. Probably, 40% of my collection spans those years, About 50% are the 2000s years and 10% would be pre-1980.

hblakewolf
03-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Not sure if you are seeking game worn shoes, but I have a great pair of Clyde Drexler's available:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=11880&highlight=drexler+shoes

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

lund6771
03-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Definitely. I have many jerseys that span the 80s and 90s. Probably, 40% of my collection spans those years, About 50% are the 2000s years and 10% would be pre-1980.

Equisite...been looking for a Real Magic Johnson jersey for 5 years...I have some top-shelf items for trade if you have a duplicate...

take care!

Pete@axelohman.com

Dewey2007
03-16-2009, 12:56 PM

Hi Exquisite613, do you have any Isaiah J.R. Rider jerseys in your collection? If you do can you drop me a line at: deweystg@berkeley.edu. Thanks!

Exquisite613
03-16-2009, 07:44 PM
As one might have expected, I have received alot of communications to buy and sell game used basketball items. I am not selling anything right now, but I am always looking to build and enhance my collection. Anyone interested in offering me any game used basketball memorabilia should contact Game Used Universe and they will present me with your proposal.

As a member of the sports memorabilia collecting community, I and all of you benefit from this forum, which is great service provided for free by Game Used Universe. Accordingly, it is only right that we support the organization which is working towards cleaning up the hobby, which in the long run, will only add value to all our collections.

mdube16
03-16-2009, 07:54 PM
How about some collection pictures to make us drool!

rmsportsfan
04-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Anyone has a Derek Fisher game-worn jersey from MeiGray for trade?

please email me at rmsportsfan@yahoo.com

Thanks.

doodle
04-27-2009, 12:30 AM
It's time to change this to jtnbafan strikes again. It's the same person anyways with the pattern of over-priced clean-up bidding :D

Jojo (Texan),

I just saw all your posts back in 2007. I guess you were feeling what I am feeling everytime I see the clean-out :rolleyes: .

Texans
04-27-2009, 12:54 AM
I think many people felt that way but I finally realize that there are other jersey out there. Exquisite613 has the best game used jersey collection and you cant blame him for wanting to build it up. I do the same thing. :)

Jojo

quiggle28
04-27-2009, 03:46 PM
it seems hopeless trying to win a higher level player's game used items on NBA Auctions, which was why I was shocked to win the Pau Gasol Slam Dunk competition event jersey.