PDA

View Full Version : AMI Kevin Greene

lund6771
03-25-2008, 09:45 PM
anyone have any thougts on this one?

RKGibson?..you're a Greene fan

RKGIBSON
03-25-2008, 10:38 PM
I will not be bidding. The autograph is bad and I do not like the jersey for a 1991.
Kevin never signs with his complete first name. I could post many autographs to prove this. Three are attached, Rams 1990, 49er 1997, and Panther 1999. The sad thing is PSA says its OK.
In my opinion, the large R on the sleeve did not appear until '93, and then on the bottom of the sleeve. In '94 it was moved up the sleeve to where it is on this jersey. In speaking to Victor, he had Bob Case on the other phone saying it was a 1991 because of the "1" marked on the Russell tag. That is the way they were marked at times. My problem is the physics of the jersey are wrong. Case says it was a carry over jersey. Greene was gone to the Steelers in '93. He is taking Case's word over me since he is a big Ram's collector. That's OK. I am a Kevin Greene collector.
I ask him to look on Getty at all the Ram players pictures from '91 and see if he can find one example of this logo. Then go up by years until he does. He said he would and make a decision soon.
For the record, I had Kevin look at it also, he says that is not his autograph. He does not remember on the logo. The size and length are correct.

Roger

lund6771
03-25-2008, 10:56 PM
forgot the link...

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=41424

the repairs look very fake...side bet that there are no tears under the so called "repair marks"

Eric
03-26-2008, 10:42 AM
couple of questions here-
1- was case the authenticator on the greene piece (all it says on the site is 100% authentic team)

2- you said case has a huge rams collection. i assume he is not the consignor of the Greene jersey (or the large collection of rams vintage pieces in ami- some really nice things in there by the way)

RKGIBSON
03-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Case is not the consignor. It was a guy who only collected Ram stuff. I was told the name but am not familiar with the guy. This jersey had Ball Park Hero paperwork. I saw it years ago.

There are a lot of real good Rams items in this collection. When I was told in advance that it was consigned, I was excited about adding it to my collection.

According to what I have been told, the jersey was run by the team and approved. When I questioned it, then Case looked at it. We disagree. I believe I am right. I understand AMI's view and how it made it to auction.

They confronted PSA about the autograph. I was told they said "we don't have many Kevin Greene autographs come in to verify". I suggest with that kind of effort, they change their name to "Little Rascals Authentications", the effort would be the same. The people rendering opinions in this hobby, on things they have no idea about, is one of the biggest problem.

I saw this go on in the car world with judging systems trying to replace real documentation with opinions rendered from a judging sheet. Aiding in fraud was the result. Judging systems only work if the judge has real knowledge, of the item in question, and uses it.

Roger

BULBUS
03-26-2008, 02:40 PM
I agree with lund, there appear to be no tears underneath those "repairs". Also, looking at the tagging, the jersey doesnt seems to show wear or fading from being washed. I wouldnt touch it.

Blitzmaster
03-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Not sure if AMI changed the listing but the auction clearly states "The autograph does not have a PSA/DNA Auction House letter."