PDA

View Full Version : Derek Jeter's first ever yankees jersey!!!!! ( rookie jersey )

suave1477
02-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey guys here is some interesting news i just found out tonight and saw it for myself with my own 2 eyes!!!!

Derek Jeter officially came up with the Yankees at the end of 1995 and played the last 15 games. He got his first Yankees jersey, only one problem they didnt have any for him. Bernie Williams is the same size as Derek, so they took one of Bernies jerseys and put Jeters number #2 on it. So it was actually game used by Bernie and then by Jeter.
I thought that was pretty cool!!!!

By the way i thought i would throw this in ( Jeter and Strawberry came up together ) lol lol lol

BULBUS
02-22-2006, 09:22 AM
i dont get steiners pricing. they are asking 15k for that jersey and 25k for a 2005 :confused:

suave1477
02-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Bulbus how do you know it was 15k i dont see it listed on there anywhere?

suave1477
02-22-2006, 09:39 AM
bulbus also just a heads up the one that is on there now for 25k is also autographed by Jeter and inscribed. If you know anything about Jeters inscriptions ( he doesnt do them ) so to get something with an inscription from Jeter makes it more valuable cuz Jeter doesnt do inscriptions.
I am not saying it is worth 5k more but I am assuming that is the reason.

BULBUS
02-22-2006, 10:12 AM
suave, type jeter jersey into the steiner search. it will be there. there is no picture, but i'm sure its a nice jersey. i wish i had that kind of $ to burn. if you look at the other game used jerseys, they have his 2005 opening day road jersey for 25k (they opened at home, so i dont get that, their first game on the road is not opening day), and the other 2005 jerseys are 20k. 25k for the autographed one. 5k for an autograph :eek: i see plenty of jeter inscribed stuff though. steiner does say that he doesnt like doing them anymore, so that is why they charge so much. where did you see the jersey?

suave1477
02-22-2006, 10:56 AM
bulbus i saw the jersey at the steiner wearhouse it is really cool and a lot of use. the tagging says Bernie Williams but it has Jeter's #2 on the back. As far as the other stuff I have to be honest i odn't agree with the pricing for a lot of there stuff myself, but what are you gonna do if you want it you got to go through them.

suave1477
02-22-2006, 10:58 AM
if there opening day was at home then that i have no idea. That is interesting thought I would suggest to call them and ask I am a bit curious myself so I will contact them also to find out.

BULBUS
02-22-2006, 11:09 AM
their warehouse is pretty cool, huh? that yankees cage is awesome! all them bats and jerseys :) i dont want to get into the pricing thing again. i'll just say that i have gotten a few things from them through their auctions and discount offers and i am happy. i like buying from them b/c you know it came from the yankees.

suave1477
02-22-2006, 11:14 AM
bulbus i feel the same way, you might pay an arm and a leg but you cant rest at night with no worries. I someones best guess is the real thing bcuz with them it comes directly from the Yankees.