PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have met the athlete you collect?

Canseco44
03-21-2008, 08:07 AM
I was just wondering how many of you have have actually got to meet the athlete that you collect. Obviously, I collect Canseco, but have never actually met him face to face. I had a meeting set up once in Denton, Tx, but it was cancelled due to a bomb threat. Lets hear from you that have, and maybe see some pics if you have them.

Todd

kylehess10
03-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Well I may not have a MAIN interest in collecting (besides Braves) but there are a few player's that I have pieces from (that I want more from so technically I "collect" them):

Andruw Jones - Haven't met him yet. I arrived at the 2007 Braves fanfest 2 hours early in the freezing cold to meet him, where he was scheduled to appear. Then all of the sudden news came out that he decided to go to the Super Bowl instead and he didn't show up :mad:

Edgar Renteria - Met him twice. First time was at the 2006 Braves Fanfest, and the second time was before a game at the dugout

Chipper Jones - Met him twice. First time was at the 2004 Braves Fanfest. Got him to sign a game used bat and OML baseball. Second time was at the 2006 Braves Fanfest. Got him to sign my team-signed banner which needed his signature.

metsbats
03-21-2008, 09:24 AM
I first met Ed Hearn at a card show in the early 90's in NY. Just a regular meeting where he signed a bat and ball. Then in 1998 I arranged for him to come by to meet me at my job at the time (Bear Stearns) to sign some items for me. I had emailed him months prior to the meeting to see if I can mail him some bats to sign and he told me he was going to be in the NYC area for some business and offered to swing by my work and would sign anything for me and anyone else at the job.

We've kept in touch ever since and he been over the house to view his stuff several times over the years.

-David

sylbry
03-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Met Jack Morris 5 times.

Met Bert Blyleven 3 times.

Met Dick Stigman once and have corresponded by mail.

Met Dick Such once and have corresponded by mail.

mvandor
03-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Honestly, my appreciation for the people I collect has to do with their on field athletic skills, accomplishments, abilities - little to do really with them as individuals. I really have little interest in meeting most of them, in fact, there's a bit of a fear they'll be jerks, it'll negatively color my fond memories of their athletic prowess ala the O.J. Simpson events. As much of a fan as I was of his, watching his entire career from USC through the pros, I could not collect his stuff and feel positive about it after the murders. Tried, felt guilty, and dumped the stuff.

Having said that, the next major show in SoCal, I'll likely attend as I've gotten bored simply buying things and there are a few I'd actually like to meet and maybe get a pic with, like Joe Montana...

Exception to the rule. :o

mvandor
03-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Should mention when I was in high school I worked in a carwash in Orange County when the Rams were there during the 70's. Some great Rams used to come through all the time, Fred Dryer & Jack Youngblood, among them. Not really starstruck by athletes as a result of those early experiences.

Dewey2007
03-21-2008, 11:42 AM
I collect stuff of guys from my hometown and there are a couple of them in my age group that I am friends with:

Erik Schullstrom (Twins)
Isaiah Rider (T-Wolves, Blazers, Lakers)
Junior Tautalatasi (Eagles, Cowboys)

I have known them for years and we run into each other every now and then. There are a number of others who I am hoping to meet in the future.

AWA85
03-21-2008, 11:50 AM
I collect all Cincinnati Reds items but only have met a few here and there for a quick autograph. Two guys that would cause me to stray off the Reds search would be Mike Sweeney and Deivi Cruz. Both were great guys to talk to when they made stops in my town for single A baseball.

33bird
03-21-2008, 12:05 PM
I've met and shook hands with Bill Russell (celtics), Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Magic Johnson, and Mchale and Ainge. But, the one I haven't met is Larry Bird. Someday maybe.
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

Dewey2007
03-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Greg, funny anecdote about the only time I had an interaction with Bill Russell as a kid. As you know he's famous for not signing autographs, well unless there's lots of money involved. He was at a Warriors game and I asked him for his autograph. He said he didn't sign autos and gave me this story of how it made him feel like he was better then other people and so on. So I told him I'd trade him my autograph for his. He got a good chuckle out of this offer but still politely refused to sign.

Dewey

skipcareyisfat
03-21-2008, 12:18 PM
By far the best one for me has been Dale Murphy, and no one's really a close second. He was my hero growing up so I guess I'm a little biased. But all of those great things people always talk about with him are completely true. He's as good as it gets to meet in person.

bigtruck260
03-21-2008, 12:19 PM
I used to get to the games at Busch early - and had my spot in left field where I would talk to several guys in the 90's. When they remodeled things, it got trickier.

Had some really nice converstions with Ray Lankford, Brian Jordan and Dimitri Young in 1996. I sat next to Ron Gant's wife at a game twice in the 90's - and he was a nice guy.

Edmonds is a class act. I ran into him at Guns and Hoses (Firefighters vs. Cops) fights last Thanksgiving eve. His wife/girlfriend was easily the best looking woman there.

Willie Mcgee was exactly the way I thought he would be. Humble and happy.

Eric Davis and I were in the same elevator by ourselves at a Rams game in 1999. He was dressed like Huggy Bear - lots of silk..., a fedora and a cigar.

I live in O'Fallon,MO - and though I don't collect Darryl Strawberry, I ran into him at a gas station. I remember thinking..."Damn! That dude looks just like Darryl Strawberry." When we were inside, I told him just that. He started laughing and said.."it's me, I live here"...who would have thought?

A NY hero living in the country. I never would have guessed. He still looks good - and way bigger than I thought he was.

Dave

jake33
03-21-2008, 12:40 PM
collecting D-rays is pretty easy, I live less than a mile from the spring traiing stadium and see most the players a 7:00 am by myself going into the stadium and got a ton of autographs on practice used balls...

Meet these guys and they are just awesome

Percival
Baldelli
James Shields
Jonny Gomes
Ben Zobrist
Evan Longoria

Kazmir is fine when there is no one else around, he clearly doesn't like getting bombarded though

Kid4hof03
03-21-2008, 12:43 PM
I used to collect Graig Nettles stuff, until I met him. That meeting was so sour that I sold it all.

I met Ron Gant when he was with the Phillies. He was great, took time to chat, took a picture with me. My wife was pregnant at the time with our first child, he asked her questions about the due date, how she was feeling, etc. I thought that was pretty thoughtful since it was just an autograph signing.

I met Bernie Williams in 1996, he was also very gracious. I've met Gary Carter numerous times, he's always fun and likes to chat. Howard Johnson and Bobby Murcer are two guys that I don't collect but they stand out as being the most pleasant autograph show experiences I've ever had. Both guys were interested in the items I had signed and really very gracious.

The best experience ever was just a few months ago. My 7 year old son loves Darryl Dawkins. He plays a PS2 game that has Dawkins on it and is now fascinated with the guy. I took him to a show in North Jersey to get Dawkins' autograph in December. At the time we were the only ones in line for him. Dawkins chatted with my son, teased him a bit while trying to give him a high five, personalized his photos for free (there was a $10 fee) and took pictures with him. My son's response on the ride home was "this was the greatest day of my life." That one is now by far my favorite experience.

I've had some e-mail correspondence with Willie Mcgee, as Dave said, he was exactly as I expected, such a humble guy. I also exchanged several e-mails with Darrell Porter a few months before he passed away. Again, he was a very nice guy, his passing was quite sad.

Abe

mvandor
03-21-2008, 12:55 PM
I used to collect Graig Nettles stuff, until I met him. That meeting was so sour that I sold it all.

Yup, that's my fear. LT for example, last few shows you see pics of him hiding behind shades like he doesn't want to deal with people (seen same thing with Merriman, that's rude behavior IMHO when people are paying a premium to meet you). If I had a bad experience with him it would be SO disappointing plus I know I'd dump some of my fav items.

gatorcollector
03-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Have met several current and former Gators over the years with mostly positive results. Alex Brown was great with my son a few years ago after a summer workout in Gainesville (pic below). Former Gator receiver Chris Doering said he was "honored" to sign the jersey I brought to a Gator Club meeting a couple of months ago. Even told me to call him if I needed help getting the university to provide a nameplate for the back. Steve Spurrier is all business and most times doesn't even look up at you as he's signing your item.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/gatorcollector/football%20autographs/brownaauto.jpg

harrid4
03-21-2008, 11:16 PM
I collect Jake Peavy and have met him on a number of occasions. I first met him at Spring Training in 2005. It was very exciting and much easier back then. Since then I have met him many times at various appearances around San Diego. He is a genuinely nice guy.

AstrosCollector
03-21-2008, 11:53 PM
By far the best one for me has been Dale Murphy, and no one's really a close second. He was my hero growing up so I guess I'm a little biased. But all of those great things people always talk about with him are completely true. He's as good as it gets to meet in person.

Skip,

I met Dale in Chicago in 2006 and he was a really nice guy. A bunch of buddies and I took a trip and drove up to Wrigley to watch an Astros vs. Cubs series. On the last day of the series we were leaving Wrigley and stopped to take a picture by the Wrigley Field sign.

We all ran across the street to go into this bar and we lost one of our buddies in between. I called him and he said that would be right over because he was having to "take a photo for some dude".

I looked over and it was Dale Murphy. He asked my buddy to take a photo for him, of him and his son under the Wrigley sign. We ran back over there and he was nice enough to chat with us for a little while and take some pictures with us.

The night before, we ran into Bob Brenly at our hotel bar. He was a really nice guy too. Posed for a picture with us, and signed a ball that I caught during BP at Wrigley. I bought him a beer.

Tedw9
03-22-2008, 08:46 AM
I have had the pleasure of meeting a couple of the athletes I collect. And unlike mvandor, I collect these guys because of what they do on the field AND off the field. I like to collect people who I consider nice guys.

Dwight Evans was my childhood hero and was everything I hoped and more when I met him a few years back. A true gentleman and one of the most underrated players of his era.

I became a fan of Adam Vinatieri after seeing him make 2 game saving tackles at the first game I ever attended. I met him after the game and two other times and he is one of the nicest guys you could ever want to meet. He talked to and signed for EVERYONE, each time. I am proud to say I was a fan way before he kicked the game winners. He is at the top of my nice guy list.

godwulf
03-22-2008, 10:45 AM
I've met Matt Williams four or five times, and he has always been one of the nicest, most friendly and considerate guys you'd ever want to know. Underneath the image of the big, kinda scary-looking guy with the shaved head and the reputation for on-field intensity lies a genuinely nice human being...the kind of guy with whom you talk for two minutes and it's exactly like talking with somebody you've known (and liked) all your life. He always kids me about the obscure Matt Williams stuff I'm able to find for him to sign (wait till he sees the three personalized golf bags I picked up awhile back) and is always patient and helpful in answering my questions about it.

geoff
03-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I collect Brian Roberts and met him a few times at Signings.He was an all around nice guy.I do have a Rookie Game Used Jersey of his.He would not sign Game Used on it because he said he wore it but he wore so many jerseys that he would not sign that.It was not a big deal on my part.

harpt
03-22-2008, 02:40 PM
I usually try to attend events when the guys I collect are there. I have been really fortunate to have had great experiences each time. Part of it may be that they are all old now...

My son and me with Ted Simmons...a Buddy and me having fun with Rollie Fingers.

medindians25
03-22-2008, 04:05 PM
I love these threads.
While I don't collect any of these guys, I have met these people:

-Mitch Williams: Lives 10 minutes from my house by bike. I was at a birthday party with one of his boys and when he came to pick him up I was like, "Holy [crap] that's Mitch Williams." He seemed like a nice guy. Later that year I gave his son a card to get auto'ed, but Damon (his son) lost it. He felt bad, so he gave me another card signed for free and a Game Used 1996 NLCS or NLDS Auto'ed ball. Nice guy, in my book

-Terrell Owens: Made me hate him even more. Saw him at the Mall, said, "Hey Mr. Owens, how's the leg going?" I was wearing his jersey and everything. He looked at me, rolled his eyes, grumbled, then walked away.

-Joe Pisarcik: (If you're noticing a theme here, yes, my town and the surrounding area is the Haven for Philly's shamed athletes. I promise, it gets better) Played catch (baseball) with him a bunch of times at my sister's lacrosse games. Didn't know who he was. Then, before the last game he said, "Bring a football next game". So I did. Man, could he bomb it. After the last game he signed it for me. Really nice guy

-David Akers: Same as Mitch Williams, he lives down the street from him. Didn't hang out with his kids (too young) but I did trick or treat at his house. His wife is nice looking to say the least. And very nice.

-Chris Chambliss: Saw him at a free signing at Six flags, along with Nettles and Gossage. I told him about the story my dad always tells. The one about his MONSTER home run off Nolan Ryan. Well, half way through, the person at the desk told him to move it through quicker. He replied, "People wait in line an hour and a half to get my autograph and meet me, the least I could do is talk to them a little." Anyway, he said to me, "Nolan Ryan, huh? I must have gotten lucky"

-Graig Nettles: Pretty much a jerk, but at least he signed and shook my hand

-Goose Gossage: (lucky me it was a free signing and now he charges $95 for an auto) Very nice guy, said hi, shook my hand

-Sparky Lyle: Met him at a camp where his son was an instructor. Very very nice guy, gave us a good workout, signed some autos, talked with us. He was great

I'm sure I'm missing some more (especially just people I met and got autos of outside the dugout)

JasonM33
03-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Interesting question. I have met every athlete who I collect in one way or another.

I met Bernie Kosar at Browns training camp in 1993 and got him to sing a jersey for me. (Not a gamer)

I've met Jose Canseco a few times under varying circumstances. One day he just showed up and sat down next to me at the juice bar of the gym I work out at. (Not that kind of juice)

Mike Tyson sat next to me at the movies once. I shook his hand but I didn't ask him to sign anything. He's my favorite boxer and I have a very small collection of rare Tyson stuff.

I've also met Tito Ortiz who is my favorite UFC fighter. I have some rare collectable stuff from him but no fight used stuff yet.

I was fortunate to meet my favorite basketball player Magic Johnson also. He showed up at a bodybuilding contest that I attended in Las Vegas. Got an autograph from him.

I've found out that you can't really plan this stuff. At times in my life I have ran all around trying to meet people. Then years when I least expect it they just walk over to where I'm sitting and plop down next to me. Weird, right? I swear it's all true.

-Jason M

gingi79
03-23-2008, 01:27 AM
Tried and failed to meet Pavel Bure at the hotel the Canucks and Panthers stay at when they are on Long Island. It's too bad, I tried every year from 1991 to 2001 inclusively, the team always snuck down the tunnel.

I've also had horrible luck at sporting events. However......

At shows I have met and been overwhelmed by the kindness of:

Dan Marino: (This was as he was deciding if he would go to the Vikes or retire. I told him "It doesn't matter if you never play again, you'll always be the greatest Quarterback ever." He retired a month later. I take the credit HA!)

Barry Sanders: An obvious newbie to the "show scene" For those of you who don't know, when you buy tix for the NJ Triumph Sports show, the earlier you buy dictates the order you meet the athlete. So if you buy your ticket the day of the show, you're the last person to get an autograph. Similarly, if you pre-order 6 months in advance, you get first crack. Each ticket has a number. Well I wanted Barry's autograph since I saw him play live in Giants Stadium in 1991. I pre-ordered. I was number 45 out almost 500 for deluxe signatures (they charge more for jerseys than photos) It took 2 hours of standing on line to get up to him. I realized why when I finally got my turn. Barry spoke to everyone. Not just a few words, he held a conversation. I told him he should come back and play on just Thanksgivings because Turkey always tastes better when he was breaking the ankles of any poor CB who tried to tackle him. He was really appreciative of my support. Just to put it in perspective, Joe Montana was on 300-350 when I got off line and he started an hour later than Barry. Not digging Joe, he's a veteran of these things and the line keeps moving with him. Barry as a rookie, was still amazed so many people paid $150 for his signature that he still felt obligated to talk to all of us. On a side note, I left 6 hours later and Barry was still signing, 4 hours after his contract expired.

Jerry Rice: Just like Barry, big smile, told stories, took pictures, shook my hand and thanked me for my support with sincerity.

Zack Thomas/Ricky Williams: Both sweet guys, took time to talk and answer questions. Ricky has a bad rep but he's a really cool guy one on one. Zach looks small on TV, he's a bull up close. Jason Taylor same thing. Looks almost skinny out there on TV but huge shoulders.

I realize I may have to part with a gamer now and then but my Sanders, Marino and Rice will be handed down to my kids. (And yes the Ricky picture is blurry because we were baked.....)

33bird
03-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Holy Crap! It's looks like Ricky rolled up a fat one before the signing? All buzzed up.
Greg

2000mvpfan
03-23-2008, 10:32 AM
As a kid who collected Yankee autographs in the tri-state area,the early '80's were a golden era.Mantle,DiMaggio,Berra,Ford...you name it.If they did a show I met 'em.The nicest:
Brooks Robinson-not even close.Nicest guy ever.Must be the southern hospitality thing.
Don Mattingly-first saw him at a show in '84,last saw him at a signing on Long Island in 2001.Despite a great career and being one of the most popular Yankees ever,still a humble guy who took time to talk AND thank everyone individually for coming out.
Ryan Howard/Chase Utley-Two young Phillies stars who were great.Utley at a Toys R Us signing-chatting up a storm with everyone and their kids,signing more than just the 1 item that TRU wanted him to sign per person.Howard at a show in Hammonton soon after he won the '05 ROY.Pleasant guy,who seemed happy to be where he was.Let's hope neither one changes.
The worst:
Willie Mays,Rickey Henderson,Reggie Jackson,Graig Nettles.You all know the reasons why.Four A-holes...

crose
05-08-2008, 05:40 PM
My mom took my brother to Lebrons bball camp in Akron Ohio. During the camp my mom ran into Lebron, Chris Paul, and a few of their buddies walking around the campus. She loves Lebron more than anyone and didnt know who Paul was. She asked if she could get a pic and the group of guys huddled together. HAHA then she goes no no can you please take the picture and hands the camera to Chris Paul and kicked everyone out of the picture. She had no idea why everyone was laughing!! Anyways Lebron is awesome and a great person.

scottanservitz
05-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I've gotten a few over the years....

Stan Musial-Really a nice guy and very polite.
Johnny Mize-Same as Musial. The old timers were very cordial.
Tom Seaver-If I remember, was pretty cool.
Willie Mays-I was 13 and he was ok. Not very talkative, but not rude either.
Clark Kellogg-Super cool...even remembered my brother's and my name a couple hours later....great guy!
Paul Warfield-Pretty nice...not a big guy at all...but could catch the football.
AJ Hawk-Signed just out of OSU...had Brady Quinn's sister with him..very down to earth, had a nice chat with him and shook his hand and told him good luck!
Joe Charboneau-Very cool guy! He is legendary here in Cleveland.
I am lucky in the sense that none of them turned me off from collecting their stuff. Pretty good memories for me.

Scott

cjclong
05-09-2008, 11:22 AM
I was a fan of the 1961 Yankee team. Some of them had a signing near New York a few years ago and as they are all nearing 70 or older I decided I had better go as this might be my last chance. I had two John Blanchard bats and particularly wanted to meet him. Blanchard, Luis Arroyo, Roland Sheldon, and Bud Daley all signed for me and visited with me and posed for pictures. It was obvious I had followed the team and was a fan and they could not have been nicer to me . It was a really good experience getting to meet some of them and visit after all these years.
As far as current athletes I collect bats and gloves of Ivan Rodriguez. I've met him several times and he has always been very pleasant and went out of his way to pose for a picture with me once. Alex Rodriguez autographed a game used bat of his while he was with the Rangers. He autographed it personally to me with my name and best wishes. I had heard he did that with game used bats so a person wouldn't try to sell it, but since I keep what I collect I was more than happy to have a bat personally autographed to me. I hope to meet Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter some time in the future as I have several Jeter bats and a Rivera glove.
Echoing what some others have said I wish athletes could realize how good they make their fans feel when they take time to be friendly with them.

skyking26
05-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Big Dave Kingman. Have met him countless times since initial meeting in 92. Always gracious, friendly. As he has always been my favorite player, seeing him and having dinner with he and 2 other friends in march was alot of fun...

Have met many nice guys thru the years and my share of jerks, but running up there as one of the best guys you could run into, any day of the week would be Frank Hondo Howard or Brooks Robinson. These 2 guys are class beyond distinction. I don't think they could be mean or negative if they tried...

Slugger33
07-14-2008, 11:40 AM
I have been very lucky to have been Jose's bodyguard on several occasions thanks to his former agent Doug Ames and his former attorney Rob Saunooke. I have collected him since 1985 and have such a wide variety of rare one of a kind items that I am known by many if not all serious collectors of Canseco. He was always cool and not stuck up in any way when being with him morning-noon and night. We have sat down for breakfast at 7am, been at dance clubs til2am in NYC, always cool!!

hblakewolf
07-14-2008, 12:26 PM
RICK SCHU

Current hitting coach for the Arizona diamondbacks

I've been collecting his game used equipment ever since I first met him while he was playing AAA in Portland, Oregon for the Beavers in 1983. I have followed his career as both a player and also coach.

My current collection includes 4 minor league jerseys, and 11 major league gamers. I have a gamer from every MLB team he played for. Also have 14 different model/brand game used bats.

The photo of the hat is from his 1990 season when he was playing for the Edmonton Trappers (AAA Angels). I had the opportunity to meet him yesterday when the Diamondbacks played the Phillies. I reminded him that it's been almost 20 years since he last signed a poster for me, and we had a good 10 minute chat during batting practice about his carrer and future plans. He noted that he has game jerseys from every team he played for, except his last stint with the Expos in 1996. I offered to trade him either my home or road Expos jersey for his home and road diamondbacks jerseys. I look forward to hearing from him after the season.

Seeking his 1993/94 Nippon Ham fighters jersey and other game used items.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Kong's Landing
07-14-2008, 01:14 PM
*DAVE KINGMAN* 14 times in the past 16 years - mostly at shows where photos opportunities abound. Dave has been very friendly & gracious on most every occasion. Making a 5 hour trip into a 8 hour trip to Vanmeter Iowa in June was an stressful event to say the least, however if anyone has a chance to visit the Bob Feller museum, I recommend it. You still get a consistant autograph from Big Dave for around 20 bucks, unlike some others you can't read. ie: Mays, Thome, Thomas.

EB

Nathan
07-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Have met several current and former Gators over the years with mostly positive results. Alex Brown was great with my son a few years ago after a summer workout in Gainesville (pic below). Former Gator receiver Chris Doering said he was "honored" to sign the jersey I brought to a Gator Club meeting a couple of months ago. Even told me to call him if I needed help getting the university to provide a nameplate for the back. Steve Spurrier is all business and most times doesn't even look up at you as he's signing your item.

I have a nice #77 Tennessee jersey of Josh Tucker, if you want to forever remember the 1999 game that made Alex Brown look like a legend.

MikeSharon
09-26-2008, 03:51 PM
At a show in Lousiana in the late 80's the weather was terrible thunderstorms and no body showed up to get Stan Musial, or Enos Slaughter, I was 12 or 13 at the time and had the pleasure of sitting there for several hours listing to these guys talk about baseball and about the the things they had done and people they had played aganist. Those two gentelman defined class and should be an example for todays players to try to live up to

murfsteve25
10-11-2008, 03:50 AM
Here is a pic of me and Junior at RedsFest '07. He signed OML baseballs and handed them out to the first 200 people.

sacker12
10-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I was an equipment room intern for the Falcons during training camp in 2007. The player that I was around the most was Allen Rossum. My main duty (since I was not going to be there through the end of camp due to me coming back to school) was just to make sure that his eyeshield was clean during practice. He is a very nice, down to earth guy.

At the end of camp, I was given his back-up road jersey from 2006. It was expendable because the team already got a new set of jerseys the week before in time for the first preseason game.

eisenreich8
10-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I have met maybe 150 MLB and NFL players, and shook hands with all of them, but my favorite for many years has been Jim Eisenreich. Took my family to meet him at HoF in 2004 where he gave a talk about Tourette's. I consider him to be an exemplary role model while on and off the field. He is the only one I collect and I treasure my collection of gw jerseys, bats and many other things I have been able to hoard. Jim pictured with my boys on 8/14/04.

panthrotc
10-20-2008, 12:09 AM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/McGwire%20IP%20Autos/10x12.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/McGwire%20IP%20Autos/mmmm.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/McGwire%20IP%20Autos/kkk.jpg

skyking26
10-20-2008, 12:26 PM
How did you get to meet him thru Steiner??

Tried emailing other day regarding cleats (sold now). No reply...

RK

panthrotc
10-21-2008, 10:13 PM
hey sorry about the cleats. i should have gotten back sooner. I ended up putting all my funds toward a longoria bat. I ended meeting McGwire through a Steiner Meet and greet. costed alot of money. But you got 1 autograph and a chance to take a picture with him and be a part of Q & A with him. He remembered me from all the years of going to see him in NY etc. Here's my McGwire album. Check it out.

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/The%20McGwire%20Collection/

skyking26
10-21-2008, 10:19 PM
hey sorry about the cleats. i should have gotten back sooner. I ended up putting all my funds toward a longoria bat. I ended meeting McGwire through a Steiner Meet and greet. costed alot of money. But you got 1 autograph and a chance to take a picture with him and be a part of Q & A with him. He remembered me from all the years of going to see him in NY etc. Here's my McGwire album. Check it out.

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/The%20McGwire%20Collection/
Nice. I have alot of McGwire oddball stuff available for sale if you'd have interest. Statues, newspaper press plates, posters, etc. Email me at skyking442@hotmail.com if you'd have interest. Nice to hear from you.

Bob

thomecollector
10-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Nice 500 HR Club card . Either for sale ??

panthrotc
10-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Nice 500 HR Club card . Either for sale ??

These? Im sorry they are not. The top one is the official autographed insert , gold numbered to 25. the bottom one was a unsigned version that i sent int to steiner to have signed.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/The%20McGwire%20Collection/UDs.jpg

GrndSlm
10-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Here is the photo of me and AROD......
Thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

3arod13
10-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Here is the photo of me and AROD......
Thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

I'm 100% jealous! Great picture!

panthrotc
10-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Here is 2 more pics of guys i collect besides McGwire

Scott " Smooth as " Kazmir
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/Rays%20Autographs/FloridaSept20-262007027.jpg

David "Future MVP of the world Series " Price
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/Rays%20Autographs/here076.jpg