PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me about this Cooper Bat?

3arod13
03-20-2008, 03:20 AM
Can anyone tell me about this Cooper Bat? I was told these are Yankee Team Issued Bats that Yankee players can use.

Thanks!

joelsabi
03-20-2008, 09:47 AM
i believe this team issued bat used primarily by players who do not have individual stamped bats at their disposal.

3arod13
03-20-2008, 03:49 PM
With all the bat experts and yankee bat experts in this forum, this is it?

Nnunnari
03-20-2008, 07:23 PM
It's a team issued bat for minor leaguers/pitchers just like the louisville team bats.

nick

3arod13
03-22-2008, 07:15 AM
It's a team issued bat for minor leaguers/pitchers just like the louisville team bats.

nick

Nick,

1. Are these team issued bats for the minor leagues only?

2. Are they also team issued bats for the major leagues and used by major league players?

3. If only team issued bats for the minor leagues, would a major league player who goes down to the minor for rehab use these bats, or would they bring their own major league bats with them.

Tony

metsbats
03-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi Tony,

1) Not all minor league teams have the same name and their parent MLB club. Though the Yankees do have the same name in at least one of their teams (ie Staten Island Yankees). In my opinion team bats are not used in the minors. I'd be surprised if bat makers did make them specifically for minor league teams.

2) There used to be many more team bats issued back in the 80s but not as much nowadays as many pitchers have their own bats with their names on them more.

3) I think a MLB player going down to rehab in the minors would definitely bring their own wood. They want to use their own bats regardless of where they play especially if they are trying to get back into shape to return to the Show. Also remember the good wood goes to make the MLB player bats and I would think the inferior stuff would be used to make minor league pro-stock bats and store models for sporting goods stores.

Hope my opinions help.

David

3arod13
03-23-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi Tony,

1) Not all minor league teams have the same name and their parent MLB club. Though the Yankees do have the same name in at least one of their teams (ie Staten Island Yankees). In my opinion team bats are not used in the minors. I'd be surprised if bat makers did make them specifically for minor league teams.

2) There used to be many more team bats issued back in the 80s but not as much nowadays as many pitchers have their own bats with their names on them more.

3) I think a MLB player going down to rehab in the minors would definitely bring their own wood. They want to use their own bats regardless of where they play especially if they are trying to get back into shape to return to the Show. Also remember the good wood goes to make the MLB player bats and I would think the inferior stuff would be used to make minor league pro-stock bats and store models for sporting goods stores.

Hope my opinions help.

David

David, thanks for the info. Do you know how I can contact the Cooper Bat Company? Need to conduct more research.

Thanks, Tony

3arod13
03-23-2008, 09:21 AM
David, thanks for the info. Do you know how I can contact the Cooper Bat Company? Need to conduct more research.

Thanks, Tony

Duh, shows how much I know about bats. Read Mikes expert page and got my answer:

1996 the Cooper line was discontinued at this plant. The corporate decision to transfer production to another location led to a decline from 130 to less than 5 Pro players in just one year.

JETEFAN
03-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Duh, shows how much I know about bats. Read Mikes expert page and got my answer:

1996 the Cooper line was discontinued at this plant. The corporate decision to transfer production to another location led to a decline from 130 to less than 5 Pro players in just one year.

Contact Doug Hamel at KR3 bats, they were Cooper, he will have the answer.
doughamel@kr3bats.com (doughamel@kr3bats.com)

George

3arod13
03-24-2008, 02:52 AM

George

George, thanks!

Tony

3arod13
03-24-2008, 05:43 AM
Hi Tony,

Hope my opinions help.

David

David,

Here are the minor league teams Derek Jeter played for, before playing with the Yankees:

DEREK JETER MINOR LEAGUES

1992 Gulf Coast League Yankees 47
1992 Greensboro Hornets 11
1993 Greensboro Hornets 128
1994 Tampa Yankees 69
1994 Albany-Colonie Yankees 34
1994 Columbus Clippers 35
1995 Columbus Clippers 123

I'm trying to find which teams were issued Team Cooper Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 bats.

Regards, Tony

3arod13
03-26-2008, 06:02 AM

George

George, emailed him twice, no response

joelsabi
03-26-2008, 10:27 AM
let me try to dig up some old scd articles on cooper bats. does anyone save these column by this dude who write about game used equipments in the late 1990's?