PDA

View Full Version : Steiner-Yankees-Ebay

larry bourget
02-21-2006, 09:58 AM
How can Steiner claim to be the #1 SOURCE for Yankees Memorabillia and be undercut on Ebay by sellers with NO RESERVE auctions for GAME USED & ISSUE items,.......the Math just doesn't add up.

How do you feel about your Yankee's jersey's today than when you bought your first directly from Steiner. I know i won't be buying anymore.

Larry

BULBUS
02-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Everything that shows up on Ebay is from either their own auctions, or from that Grey Flannel auction. A lot of stuff goes relatively cheap on these auctions. Thats the only place I'll buy something from Steiner. I never pay their wesite prices.

suave1477
02-21-2006, 11:11 AM
LARRY, I sell steiner items, I sell them on ebay for a fraction of there cost. I will tell you this much I can do it becuz i have a connection, but I am limited to items I can get my hands on. Just to give you an example I highly doubt you would be able to get a Tino Martinez Yankees game used bat from someone unless someone is looking to get rid of theres. Otherwise Steiner will sell that one for top dollar since there is not may out there. Also keep in mind anything from 2005 on game used yankees, you will have to get from steiner since he has the exclusive contact to them starting in 2005

BULBUS
02-21-2006, 11:59 AM
suave, can you get a paul o'neill game used bat for a fraction of their 2000 asking price? i've been looking for one, but they usually sell for a lot less than steiner when their on the open market. i've been in their yankees cage. they have several o'neill bats.

suave1477
02-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Hello Bulbus, I can get it for you at most likely a better price but for an item like that it would not probably be a huge difference. If are still interested please let me know and I can find out for you?
Thank you.

larry bourget
02-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Mr. Suave, if you have any Jersey's for sale or trade, and want to cut to the chase, instead of Ebay. LMK.

larry.bourget@sympatico.ca

Thanks,

Larry

BULBUS
02-21-2006, 02:28 PM
suave, they would need to come off that 2000 by alot for me to consider it. o'neill bats usually go for around 500. jt has a world series bat for 2500. thanks anyway. i'll let you know if i see anything else they have that i want.

on a side note, i know a guy that has some strawberry game used mizuno cleats. from 1996, both autographed in silver. he got them directly from the yankees. would you be interested? about how much would you be willing to pay? i could email pictures. he has a strawberry g/u rookie jersey and cleats too, but they belong to his son, and he doesnt know if he wants to sell. you can email me directly at donnie23fan@yahoo.com.

larry bourget
02-23-2006, 12:46 AM
I asked a question, and now i'm getting harassing emails from a Ebayer who calls himself MASauction.

Mitchell Auction, if you have something to say, say it here. What's the alias you hide under.

regards,
Larry

rbalm
02-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Masauction is Mitch Schumacher out of Wisconsin. I believe he was also involved in the Fed investigation when North Shore Auctions was busted for selling fake "worn" memorabilia back in the 90s, if my memory services me correct.

Anybody out there remember the story?

Adam

suave1477
02-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Well this person got his items from the big grey flannel / steiner auction a couple of months ago so his stuff is real. All the items he is selling was in a lot i was going to bid on in that auction so he must have won that lot and hes breaking it apart and selling it for more on ebay.

rbalm
02-23-2006, 11:43 AM
I "wasn't" implying that his stuff was bad, but he has been known to mix in the good with the bad, if we are talking about Masauctions. Also, they are known to have an "abrupt" attitude when questioning items. This is from my past experience with dealing with them.

Adam

suave1477
02-23-2006, 11:47 AM
rbalm no problem i appreciate the info

www.jerseydave.com
02-24-2006, 07:08 PM
LARRY, I sell steiner items, I sell them on ebay for a fraction of there cost. I will tell you this much I can do it becuz i have a connection, but I am limited to items I can get my hands on. Just to give you an example I highly doubt you would be able to get a Tino Martinez Yankees game used bat from someone unless someone is looking to get rid of theres. Otherwise Steiner will sell that one for top dollar since there is not may out there. Also keep in mind anything from 2005 on game used yankees, you will have to get from steiner since he has the exclusive contact to them starting in 2005

Suave1477, if your connection is so good.. I'll make you a fair offer. You want to question my Yankees Steiner stuff, my stuff came directly from Steiner. Why not do the hobby a favor and prove me wrong. If you can use your contact to 100% prove my items are fake, I'll be happy to get them out of the hobby and send them back for a refund. So instead of just questioning my items, how about using who you know to find out the 100% correct info on these jerseys. I bought my items in good faith from Steiner.... if you have the contact you should easily be able to find out this info... What do you say???

suave1477
02-24-2006, 08:05 PM
So instead of just questioning my items, how about using who you know to find out the 100% correct info on these jerseys. I bought my items in good faith from Steiner.... if you have the contact you should easily be able to find out this info... What do you say???

WAIT HOLD UP I WANT EVERYONE TO READ YOUR QUOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

So your telling me I should not question you on your items. I should ask someone else about items your selling??????????

You are the one selling the items so why wouldn't I question you??????????

Do you shop at a supermarket look at the meat and question if the meat is fresh by asking another supermarket "NO"
You go to the person selling it and you ask them!!!!!!!

I WILL REPEAT THIS FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME IN A ROW IT SEEMS NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND THE RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
( PLEASE READ MY POSTS THOROUGHLY )
I NEVER SAID YOUR ITEMS WERE FAKE!!!!
I QUESTIONED THE TAGS BCUZ I NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE, AND ASKED YOU ABOUT THEM SO I CAN BE EDUCATED.
SOMEONE ELSE BROUGHT UP THE STATEMENT OF YOU CLAIMING YOU HAD A ROOKIE JERSEY SO I PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER AND SAID IT SEEMED STRANGE

IT AMAZES ME HOW EVERYONE HERE IS AN EXPERT YET NO ONE PAYS ATTENTION TO DETAIL OF A POST GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!

www.jerseydave.com
02-24-2006, 08:22 PM
[quote=suave1477]WAIT HOLD UP I WANT EVERYONE TO READ YOUR QUOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

So your telling me I should not question you on your items. I should ask someone else about items your selling??????????

You are the one selling the items so why wouldn't I question you??????????

You go to the person selling it and you ask them!!!!!!!

Lets see, your the one who posted that you have a connection in Steiner. You know my items came from Steiner. Your questioning my items due to the tagging. Your saying you have never seen this tagging. So my point was since you have a contact inside Steiner and I do not... Why not use that contact to help everyone...not just me to help answer your question. You can question me all you want... My answer is that I trust Steiner with thier contract with the Yankees. My 2nd part to your answer is that I do not believe that every jersey that came from the Yankees have names on the tagging. Now I believe that you stated that "every jersey had the names on the tagging"... so not for me, why not help the entire hobby out and use your contact to better answer these questions.. Why do you feel I would have better answers than Steiner when Steiner are the ones that sold me the jersey. Your question is 2 sided... I don't have the contact nor did I raise your questions... You did... Like I said before. I have fully read all of your post and I am available for contact at any time.. you don't want to call me... post your #, I'll call you and incurr the expense. You chose to ask me in the public about me and my items with no proof other than:

I WILL REPEAT THIS FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME IN A ROW IT SEEMS NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND THE RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
( PLEASE READ MY POSTS THOROUGHLY )
I NEVER SAID YOUR ITEMS WERE FAKE!!!!
I QUESTIONED THE TAGS BCUZ I NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE, AND ASKED YOU ABOUT THEM SO I CAN BE EDUCATED.

Why not ask your contact...who would have better info..me living in Texas or your contact working for Steiner... ?

suave1477
02-24-2006, 08:48 PM
JerseyDave I apologize i thought you might have an idea about the items you sell, which you said you have no clue about the items you sell and that you put all your faith into Steiner

I apologize for thinking you have a better understanding then me of this hobby guess i was wrong.

I will give you an example of what i mean, maybe this will help you where i am coming from.

If you go to a car dealership and there is something on the car you never seen before you ask the salesmen "why is that there or why did the company put that there" the response you would normally get back would either be the answer to your question or the salesperson would say let me ask the builders of the car to give you a better answer

If you were the salesperson and I asked you the same question your answer to me would be "I have no idea i didn't build it, go ask the guy who built it"
Do you see my point!!!! I am asking you cuz your the salesperson.

I am not trying to argue with you I am just making a point thats all.
I would be more then glad to further this conversation over the phone, email me your number suave1477@yahoo.com

www.jerseydave.com
02-24-2006, 10:05 PM
JerseyDave I apologize i thought you might have an idea about the items you sell, which you said you have no clue about the items you sell and that you put all your faith into Steiner

I apologize for thinking you have a better understanding then me of this hobby guess i was wrong.

(I have alot of knowledge but I for one know that I do not know everything about every set of jerseys made by every team. I also make sure I have a TRUST factor.)

I will give you an example of what i mean, maybe this will help you where i am coming from.

If you go to a car dealership and there is something on the car you never seen before you ask the salesmen "why is that there or why did the company put that there" the response you would normally get back would either be the answer to your question or the salesperson would say let me ask the builders of the car to give you a better answer

If you were the salesperson and I asked you the same question your answer to me would be "I have no idea i didn't build it, go ask the guy who built it"
Do you see my point!!!! I am asking you cuz your the salesperson.

I am not trying to argue with you I am just making a point thats all.
I would be more then glad to further this conversation over the phone, email me your number suave1477@yahoo.com

And your point is 2 fold... Your asking me and I gave you my answer. When doing homework, you need to ask EVERYONE involved..and yes I did put my faith in Steiner... why would I not, they have the contract with the Yankees. Your asking a salesperson about different tagging options.. did you see me say I have seen every jersey tagged in the 1998 season? So why would you ask me when you have a contact that has the ability to see/look at/touch alot more jerseys from the 1998 season? Now when I come on here and say I know everything about every jersey.. I can understand your point... the thing is, you'll never see it. I say it all the time.. I learn something new everyday. So to sit here and try to discredit me about my ability is ridiculous.

As for my #.. 682-556-9897 same as the info posted on my site..

www.jerseydave.com (http://www.jerseydave.com)