PDA

View Full Version : Shane Victorino game used?

bubbrubb25
03-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Anyone have any Shane Victorino game used? Hes one of my favorite players and would love you see what you have please post pictures if possible,

Thanks

bubbrubb25
03-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Forgot to post a pic of my jersey,

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/GAME%20USED/DSC00159.jpg

godwulf
03-16-2008, 01:05 AM
I haven't got a photo handy, but I have a Team U.S.A. cap Shane wore in the CONCEBE Olympic Qualifying tournament played in 2005. I wanted something from the tournament, having gone to some of the games, and bought Victorino's cap before I knew Bill Murphy's jersey and cap were going to be available. What's cool about the SV cap is the Canadian flag "trade" pin he put in it, which I thought was a nice, personal touch.

island_style
03-16-2008, 06:31 AM
I've got a few Victorino items in my collection. I haven't taken any photos, but here is what I currently have (all are game used and signed):

Pre-game blue jersey #18 (Phillies)
St. Patrick's Day green jersey #18 (Phillies)
St. Patrick's Day green jersey #8 (Phillies)
Road grey jersey #8 (Phillies)
Home white pinstripe #18 (Phillies)
Pre-game hat (Phillies)
Helmet single ear flap (could be from 2005, as I saw pictures of him wearing a single ear helmet that season. He's since gone to a double ear) (Phillies)
About seven bats (One Padres, the rest Phillies)
White pants used in the minor leagues or spring training (Dodgers)
Grey pants used in the minor leagues or spring training (Dodgers)Many, many thanks to all who have helped me with my collection!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

bubbrubb25
03-16-2008, 11:47 AM
I haven't got a photo handy, but I have a Team U.S.A. cap Shane wore in the CONCEBE Olympic Qualifying tournament played in 2005. I wanted something from the tournament, having gone to some of the games, and bought Victorino's cap before I knew Bill Murphy's jersey and cap were going to be available. What's cool about the SV cap is the Canadian flag "trade" pin he put in it, which I thought was a nice, personal touch.
Sounds like an awsome peice!

bubbrubb25
03-16-2008, 11:48 AM
I've got a few Victorino items in my collection. I haven't taken any photos, but here is what I currently have (all are game used and signed):

Pre-game blue jersey #18 (Phillies)
St. Patrick's Day green jersey #18 (Phillies)
St. Patrick's Day green jersey #8 (Phillies)
Road grey jersey #8 (Phillies)
Home white pinstripe #18 (Phillies)
Pre-game hat (Phillies)
Helmet single ear flap (could be from 2005, as I saw pictures of him wearing a single ear helmet that season. He's since gone to a double ear) (Phillies)
About seven bats (One Padres, the rest Phillies)
White pants used in the minor leagues or spring training (Dodgers)
Grey pants used in the minor leagues or spring training (Dodgers)Many, many thanks to all who have helped me with my collection!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com
:eek: DROOL!!!:eek:

geoff
03-16-2008, 02:23 PM
I got a 2007 Signed Game Used Bat of his that I won at a Phillies Game last year during one of the Silent Auctions.

bubbrubb25
03-16-2008, 04:08 PM
I got a 2007 Signed Game Used Bat of his that I won at a Phillies Game last year during one of the Silent Auctions.
I rember seeing you there and I was going to bid on that bat. Reason I rember you in specific because when you got it you posted it and I also won an item in that auction.

bubbrubb25
03-16-2008, 04:13 PM
It might have been another member not sure was it a max bat? Black barrell and tan handle I think?

geoff
03-17-2008, 02:55 AM
No that was me and that is the Bat from the Auction.

island_style
03-17-2008, 04:57 AM
Here is a photo of three bats that Victorino signed for me earlier this year when he was on Oahu. The other bats are stored at a different location.

Also, a correction to my previous post. He refused to sign the Dodgers pants.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

godwulf
03-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Also, a correction to my previous post. He refused to sign the Dodgers pants.

Did he give a reason?

island_style
03-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Did he give a reason?

No, he didn't give a reason. Maybe it was because the Dodgers had him twice and let him go?

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

blue227
03-21-2008, 01:35 AM
This isn't a GU related post but I wanted to mention that I had a chance to meet Shane Victorino's dad earlier today. I was on my way to the island of Lanai for a short vacation and Shane's dad was on the same flight.

Lanai is one of the least populated islands in the State of Hawaii (total island pop = 3000) and Shane's dad was travelling here as part of his work for the City & County of Maui, Molokai and Lanai (each island is so small in population that the 3 islands form a single county within the State).

His father was a very personable, humble, and down-to-earth man who was obviously a tremendous positive influence on his son. He talked about how Shane had to be patient and pay his dues in the minors for 7 years before things finally fell into place with the Phillies.

Apparently, Shane attended a high school on Maui with a total enrollment of 300 students which didn't field a very competitive HS baseball team. (After all, how good could it be when the total enrollment of 300 students?)

Despite Shane being a MLB prospect in HS, he had to endure playing on a mediocre HS team that lost much more often than it won. As a result, Shane's dad mentioned how his son learned the importance of having to persevere which helped him stay focused during his 7 year stint in the minors. Eventually, Shane's persistence paid off and, combined with his god given talents, helped him earn his current spot as a starting outfielder for the Phillies.

joelsabi
10-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Anyone have any Shane Victorino game used? Hes one of my favorite players and would love you see what you have please post pictures if possible,

Thanks

there a bat which says pittsburgh pirates on it

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shane-Victorino-Phillies-Game-Used-Bat-w-pic-LOA-Holo_W0QQitemZ310089776097QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 310089776097&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

jetersbatboy
05-05-2009, 10:51 PM
bubbrubb25, can you please email me.
Thanks Scott