PDA

View Full Version : NFL Game Cut / Issued Jerseys

mattmueller
03-14-2008, 05:22 AM
This Favre jersey has been on ebay forever. I would be curious to see how much others would pay for a game cut jersey. Obviously less than $500 given how long its been around.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRETT-FAVRE-AUTHENTIC-2007-PRO-CUT-GAME-ISSUED-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ320224755831QQihZ011QQcategoryZ868 29QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

zonker
03-14-2008, 07:04 AM
hey matt i've seen farve issued jersey's sell for atleast that starting price or more. i think this will not sale cause of the lack of correct tagging and the huge size of it. i think if it were tagged correctly and/or signed and a smaller jersey like a 52 the size favre actually wear's it would sale. just my opinion? i personnaly own 2 game issued farve jersey's autographed though, cause i can't afford a 10-15 thousand "game used" one. the game issued are the next best thing to legit gamer, but it has to be correct to be considered. 1 day game issued will be all anyone could probably afford once he enter's the hall of fame.

gingi79
03-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Just my 2 cents. I would be interested in this jersey if it had any providence. Here is why I wouldn't send an offer to this seller, maybe others agree.

First of all GI/Pro cut in my opinion is only slightly better than store purchased authentics. I think many people who would want to collect top tier players like Favre would be relegated to owning a piece like this because actual game worns can be cost prohibitive. This is a nice cheaper version with all the bells and whistles that will accrue some collectiblity as time goes on but not he same as a gamer. That being said, I'd offer $250 including shipping for it.

Second, there is nothing from the team or NFL stating it's purpose was to be used by Farve or the team ever ordered it, handled it or saw it. If they didn't, its just a customized store bought jersey that has been modified to look like a Favre jersey. Again, just my opinion

Lastly, this guy has a few high tier players in Pro Cut, some autographed but all way too expensive for what they are in my opinion. And the Feedback rating of 97.5% on less than 400 feedback tells me to be wary again.

Hope this opinion helps.

Jags Fan Dan
03-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Here's a question: If Favre wears a 52, why would the Packers issue a size 56? HUGE difference there.

mattmueller
03-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Here is a better question, why did I write in my notes it was a size 52?

packerfan
03-14-2008, 07:53 PM
I have one of his size 56 Favre jerseys. You know, he never says it's a game worn jersey. It is a game cut/issued jersey and from all of the Getty images I have looked at for Farve from 2007, it's about as close as I'm going to get as far as number/name and logo placement is concerned. It's, to me, more authentic than the other Farve jerseys being offered on ebay. Mine wasn't as much as the current one, and I don't have $3,000.00 for a gamer, so for what I paid, I feel I got a great deal. BTW, a size 56 fits like a 52.

mattmueller
03-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Where did you obtain the size 56 pro cut you mentioned? I would agree that it looks better than an authentic retail jersey, but not sure that the price on ebay is worth a "look". You can buy auto'd authentics for what the seller is looking for from Favre's foundation - but I don't think they "look" very nice.

As for $3,000 for a gamer, I would only hope to be able to find a gamer that I am comfortable with for twice that amount.