PDA

View Full Version : 2004 world series red sox bat records

bosoxfan4life
02-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Is there info as to what red sox players orderd LS bats for the 2004 world series? so far i have seen the following.

Ortiz
Manny
Millar
Doug M

JimCaravello
02-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately we have don't have those specific ordering records for all the players on the 2004 Red Sox. If you would like to e-mail me pics of the bats, I would be more than happy to look at them. Regarding World Series Bats for modern day players, it is quite common for modern day players to receive more than 1 - 2 bats which was the common number received in the old days. Paul O'Neill is a great example of a player who ordered more than a couple of World Series bats for a particular series. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Jim

GameBats
02-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi Jim,
You mention Paul O'neill ordering multiple WS bats. Do you know how many?

Thanks for your help,
John

JimCaravello
02-23-2006, 05:46 AM
Hi John - regarding O'Neill, it is very difficult to read his record and identify which orders are World Series bats. There are no orders which specifically state "World Series" as you would see on the vintage records which were hand written. My comment on this post was based on what I have seen in the market and what you can buy on his site. Visit http://www.pauloneill21.com/store/bats/ and you will see what I am talking about. You can buy signed World Series bats directly off his site. In 1998, O'Neill Promotions started ordering a lot of bats, as Paul got into the business of selling autographed memorabilia. I have the feeling he ordered a lot of bats for his website.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks, Jim

GameBats
02-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the info Jim. I wonder how many game used bats he's sold for $2500?

John

JimCaravello
02-23-2006, 07:37 PM
John Taube at www.gameusedbats.com (http://www.gameusedbats.com) has about the first O'Neill World Series bat that I have really liked....it has perfect markings for O'Neill. I think its a much better value at $2500 than the stuff at O'Neill's site......

suave1477
02-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Whats funny is he only has 1 game used bat listed!!!!