PDA

View Full Version : Need help- Chicago Cubs GU Jerseys

bagbig
03-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Do all jerseys from 2004-2006 have the tag in the neck with jersey number, size, year, and set number?? I am being offered a jersey with the 0062 tag, but no tagging with jersy number, size, year, and set number. Could this be a real gamer?

bagbig
03-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Any help?

jimbo
03-13-2008, 04:55 PM
I know game used/game issued jerseys have 0062 coded wash tags, however the mere existence of a 0062 coded wash tag is not sufficient to claim game used or game issued.

There have been reports of 0062 coded wash tagged jerseys appearing in retail shops.

You're really going to need more than just the 0062 wash tag to prove game used or game issued.

sarahsdad
03-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Rob Steinmetz would be of most help here. However I do know that there are some Cubs jerseys void of the usual collar tagging. Mid season call ups, players acquired during the season in a trade come to mind. I believe Nomar Garciaparra had a jersey with no collar tagging when he was acquired but Rob Steinmetz is clearly the expert here and I will defer to him. Hopefully he will post something soon. But do not rule it out as being game worn/used just because it does not have traditional collar tagging. Rob?
Sarahsdad

RobSteinmetz
03-14-2008, 12:01 PM
The previous post hit the nail on the head. The Cubs sometimes use jerseys void of the strip tag in the collar for call-ups, players acquired after the season starts, etc. I've also seen some used for star players who had jerseys stolen. With that said, however, I'd be VERY cautious about buying these without any provenance (unless you know exactly where it came from). If you have questions about a specific jersey, feel free to email me.