PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth signed ball

Kingof thediamond
02-20-2006, 12:08 PM
This is a great place I am glad I found it. Tons of usefull information!!
I was wonderig what your opinion is on this Ruth ball which was bought at an estate sale about 5 years ago. Do you think I should send it to PSA?

Rob L
02-20-2006, 12:30 PM
It looks good, but you may want to put it up on eBay with a high reserve, spend $7.49 to use PSA/DNA's quick opinion and then pull the auction once they have looked at it. They will give you a decent opinion. Add a couple of closeups of the signature itself if you go this route.

Rob L

sammy
02-20-2006, 12:56 PM
From what I have been able to see of the autograph, it is worth the 7.49 for a quick opinion.

I suggest you don't use any flash when photographing the ball, being as a good percentage of the letters are already obscured and a flash would diminish it a lot more.

You will have to show the autograph clearly or PSA won't render an opinion.

BULBUS
02-20-2006, 02:18 PM
i wouldnt put it on with a high reserve. i would start it out at 99 cents and then cancel the auction. that reserve would cost a lot of money. add 2 or 3 pictures though, different angles.

PGriffin
02-20-2006, 02:20 PM
The problem is that the letters which are not visable in the photo are very had to see at all because the fountain pen ink seems to have dried up in spots it is not the best signature by any means.

Eric
02-20-2006, 03:11 PM
PGriffin-

You and the person who started this thread Kingof thediamond have the same IP address.

Is there any explanation for that. I tried contacting both of you users earlier in the day.

You can answer here, or contact me at ecky3@aol.com
Eric