PDA

View Full Version : aeneas - helmet, chinstrap question

mvandor
03-09-2008, 09:56 AM
I have been putting together a Cromartie helmet for a signing and in research discovered he like LT appears to wear an Adams hard cup hi point chinstrap with blue riddell branding. I understand contractual issues prevent any name but Riddell's to appear from the neck up, but how is it possible rather than just remove the Adams logo they can put Riddell on these chinstraps?

Curious if you knew...

jayt1234
03-09-2008, 07:29 PM
And was wondering the same thing.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd306/jayt1234abcd/rh1.jpg

Jay

mvandor
03-10-2008, 10:37 AM
bump

aeneas01
03-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I have been putting together a Cromartie helmet for a signing and in research discovered he like LT appears to wear an Adams hard cup hi point chinstrap with blue riddell branding. I understand contractual issues prevent any name but Riddell's to appear from the neck up, but how is it possible rather than just remove the Adams logo they can put Riddell on these chinstraps?

Curious if you knew...

adams sells "blank" chinstraps to riddell who in turn screens "riddell" on them. adams gets the sales, riddell continues to get the branding recognition....

aeneas01
03-10-2008, 05:38 PM
great rams lid jayt1234 - is that the rams helmet that recently sold on ebay for around $250, the one with no specific player attributed to it? also, i've noticed that you have been selling great looking reproductions on ebay - it's refreshing to see such great looking helmets described so accurately!

jayt1234
03-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I bought that Aaron Walker Rams helmet from Jim Yackel last week ($350). There are additonal pictures on the "Show me your NFL Stuff" posting). I had a New York Titans helmet I bought off NFL Auctions and was not in the market for another helmet. But I got a trade request for it (2007 Bills throwback jersey) and traded for it so I had room for another.

Thank you for the reply on the other helmets. It started last May when I bought a Drew Bledsoe autographed Pro Line Cowboys helmet and thought it would be fun to replicate his actual helmet. The mask, decals everything. From that point I just wanted to some replia NFL helmets for display only. However I have since run out of room and actually acquired some real NFL game used helmets so I decieded to sell off the rest. I have not exactly made any money off them, but It freed up a bit of money for other things, and they were fun to build. Judging by the communication I have had from the buyers, I do not expect to see any of them being listed as game used. They seem to be just fans like me who wanted something affordable other than the standard Riddell Pro-Line.

Jay

RKGIBSON
03-11-2008, 05:58 PM
MVandor,
If your want a real Charger chinstrap, I have one that came on a helmet that I bought. It was not the original to the helmet as the player numbers are stamped into the end of the upright straps. $25.00 plus shipping.

irestorecars@sbcglobal.net

Roger

aeneas01
03-11-2008, 06:13 PM
if mvandor doesn't want it i'll take it....