PDA

View Full Version : Chico Carrasquel 1955 All Star game

Yamils
02-20-2006, 05:30 AM
Hello,

I have a Chico Carrasquel game used bat from the 1955 All Star game.
How many bats were issued for Carrasquel?

Thanks in advance,
Yamil Seguias

JimCaravello
02-20-2006, 07:05 AM
Hi Yamil - Ol' Chico Carrasquel - what a great baseball name - we do not have his shipping records, but typically during this era, a player would receive 2 - 4 All Star bats depending upon the number of mid - summer classics played. I would bet it was two bats in 1955. I hope that helps. Please let me know if I can assist in any other way. Jim

MSpecht
02-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi--

I agree with Jim....I looked up five players at random who played in the 1955 All Star Game and each were shipped two bats from H & B on 7/8/55. Note that Carrasquel got two hits in that game (is game use on a bat used for a hit more desirable than game use from a double play ?? Just Kidding...)

Would you reply to the forum what Model Carresquel received/used for the 1955 All Star Game ?

One other interesting note. While almost all players usually received two All Star bats of the same model, particularly in those days, in 1955 Bobby Avila also received two All Star bats, one W166 and one K75. That was a rare occurance.

Good Luck in future collecting.

Mike

Yamils
02-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Mike, Jim,

Thanks a lot for the info.

The model of the All Star bat is: R43.

By the way, I have another Carrasquel bat, the model is: S100. Do you know when and how many of this model they were requested for Carrasquel?

This one that I own, only has "Carrasquel" on the barrel and the All Star bat has "Chico Carrasquel" on the barrel.

Thanks again!
Regards,
Yamil

MSpecht
02-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Hi Yamil --

Sorry, but as Jim pointed out, we do not have the individual shipping records for Chico Carresquel --- subesequently no information on his ordering patterns of different models, including S100. Hope to be able to help you in the future.

Mike