PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Reds 08 spring training jerseys question

Sincityson
02-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Anyone out there know how the Cincinnati Reds sell their spring training jerseys? or if they are at the Reds fest at the end of the year?

SCS

chakes89
03-01-2008, 10:06 PM
They will more than likely be selling them at Redsfest this year

I already have my eye on more than a few of them :cool:

cincy13
03-02-2008, 07:42 AM
The Reds Community fund will auction some off during the baseball year at the Stadium. The rest will go to Redsfest in December. The gift shop doesn't sell game used equipment anymore.

Sincityson
03-03-2008, 02:24 AM
The Reds Community fund will auction some off during the baseball year at the Stadium. The rest will go to Redsfest in December. The gift shop doesn't sell game used equipment anymore.

Any idea when the community fund will hold the auction? do they perhaps list the dates on their website?

jshortt
03-03-2008, 07:09 PM

Absolutely correct.

Any idea when the community fund will hold the auction? do they perhaps list the dates on their website?

The RCF has auctions at every Saturday home game during the season. It's a total crap shoot as to what goes out for each auction. Sometimes it will be authentic signed jerseys and a couple of game bats, and sometimes it'll be 3 g/u jerseys. There really is no telling until you walk in the gates.

-Josh

chakes89
03-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Do they usually have a mix of jerseys?

Or is it usually just scrub players?

I may go to a game this year to check out these auctions

I havent been around for one since the Reds played the Yankees in 2003

jshortt
03-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Do they usually have a mix of jerseys?

Or is it usually just scrub players?

I may go to a game this year to check out these auctions

I havent been around for one since the Reds played the Yankees in 2003

Again, you never know...and it depends on your definition of scrubs. They had Hamilton's Spring Training jersey last year, and some older jerseys of Freel, Valentin, Hatteberg. Seems to me they had more bats last year. Honestly, I wouldn't count on anything, though. There were a few where they had NO g/u stuff.

-Josh

chakes89
03-03-2008, 10:44 PM
My definition of scrub is Valentin, Freel, Hatteberg

I may go to a couple saturday games when I can

AWA85
03-04-2008, 01:33 AM
I would take a Freel one, a scrub to me is Juan Castro or Paul Bako. Anyone in this thread have their eyes on that kid named Jay Bruce's jersey?

chakes89
03-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Bruce is the only one on the team I am going to collect as of right now

I tried to collect Dunn once but got bored with the bat I had

I will also dabble into Votto and Dickerson stuff

I also collect former Dayton Dragons and Minor Leaguers also

AWA85
03-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Brandon Phillips would be the one I would like to add, since I have to give up on all Jay Bruce items for the time :D

chakes89
03-04-2008, 02:04 AM
I forgot all about Phillips but you can have him ;)

I was going to collect JHam but since he got traded that whole idea went out the window

For now I am going to focus on Bruce, Votto, Dickerson and all minor league stuff :cool:

AWA85
03-04-2008, 02:12 AM
I haven't seen many items yet from Votto, Bailey and a few of the other prospect. Votto items would be pretty cool to collect. Have a ways to go, but would like to attend my first Redsfest this year.

I know exactly what you meant about Hamilton, thought he would be around for awhile with the Reds.

chakes89
03-04-2008, 02:15 AM
I picked up my first Votto game used bat at this past Redsfest

If you havent seen the pics yet I can send you links from my photobucket

jshortt
03-04-2008, 07:55 AM
I would take a Freel one, a scrub to me is Juan Castro or Paul Bako. Anyone in this thread have their eyes on that kid named Jay Bruce's jersey?

There we go. Those guys are my definitions of 'scrub,' too. You have to look at the way Cincy feels about some of these guys before designating them scrubs. Cincy LOVES Freel and Valentin.

If you guys seriously think anything of Bruce's is going to get put out there, then you are sorely mistaken (with the possible exception of a broken bat here or there, and MAYBE his spring training jersey). Even if it does, expect the Reds to put a HUGE price tag on it, that is, if their HOF doesn't take the stuff first. I think, in all, there were 4 Hamilton bats last year and the one jersey. The ST jersey went for $575, and 3 of the 4 bats were bought at their "buyout" price of $500 within 10 minutes of the gates opening. If anybody saw what the Louisville Bats had on his Home/Road jersey set ($2495.00), then you'll probably agree with me that his stuff is going to be pretty pricey when it does show up. I'm trying to collect Jay's stuff, but my guess is that I'm going to have to make due with my 2 bats and Louisville alt. jersey.

-Josh