PDA

View Full Version : BP jerseys: Would you prefer BP or ST?

kylehess10
02-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Ok as all of us already know, BP jerseys are also worn in Spring Training, and sometimes we may buy a game worn BP jersey which may have also been worn in ST without our knowledge. But lets say you had the choice, where you're going to buy a BP jersey of your favorite player, and your choice was either a BP jersey worn in batting practice during the regular season or a BP jersey worn during spring training, which would you choose? Also, which do you think has more value? A BP Spring Training jersey or a regular season BP jersey?

AWA85
02-29-2008, 04:05 PM
I've thought about this a few times Kyle, so far neither has really excited me. Something about it just doesn't seem to equal up to quality of other gamers. Could be just me but that is one area I haven't jumped into yet in the game used field.

Rob L
02-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I would take the Spring Training used jersey vs. the BP used jersey everytime. The allure of game used items is the use of the item in games. Since Spring Training consists of daily game play and is observed by many fans, the allure is there. Not many fans see batting practice before a major league game and this isn't game play, just practice. One of my favorite pieces is my 1995 Spring Training Arod jersey. He had only played 17 major league games in 1994 so he still wasn't a proven commodity when he wore this jersey (although he was expected to be).

Just my 2 cents.

suave1477
02-29-2008, 04:35 PM
I personally like Regular season BP instead of a Spring Training Jersey as it is connected to being used during a season which actually counts compared to Spring Training which whatever stats the player puts up has no effect on the record books.