PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried these new Sharpie retractable fine point pens...

Vintagedeputy
02-27-2008, 09:04 PM
on bats, jerseys etc for autos?

Saw one today and was wondering.....

Vintagedeputy
02-27-2008, 09:06 PM
It looks like this -

http://www.sharpie.com/img/compel/sdXP8mgsO4hEULsRncAhiUSho_t90M90/1735795_SHRT_UF_Blk_out.jpg

RobSteinmetz
02-27-2008, 09:12 PM
On a related note, I'd be curious to know how collectors have faired with the newer silver Sharpies vs. the old school silver paint pens.

OaklandAsFan
02-27-2008, 10:48 PM
on Cards pictures and jersey and such Sharpies are old school the way to go and the most popular pen amongst autograph collecters these days (at least from what I see during spring training and arizona fall league are the Staedler pens. THe sigs look much nicer and vibrant with these pens.

on the question about the silver pens for bats the paint pens are better IMHO. the silver sharpies are pretty nice on jersey numbers though.

bigtruck260
02-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Silver Sharpies are actually pretty nice if you leave them stored witht he tip down. I have had pretty good luck on photos...I am afraid to try them on bats. Paint pens have never let me down.

I think the quality of the retractable Sharpie is less than stellar. I have a handful from a drug rep that stopped by work - and they are far from amazing. I'll stick to the caps....

Dave

Master Shake
02-28-2008, 05:03 PM
I have tried the new retractable sharpies to get my autographs this spring training and they look very sharp in my opinion.