PDA

View Full Version : GU Glove

CardinalsFan
02-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Any thoughts on this item?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190201394017&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

I tried to look at pictures but could not find anything with the WWJD on it.

Anyone dealt with the seller before?

Thanks for your help.

camarokids
02-27-2008, 05:50 PM
wwjd = What Would Jesus Do !

The glove looks fine ......

Now that you put it on the forum , I bet the bidding goes up sky high , just kidding....

CardinalsFan
02-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the input. I guess I had phrased it wrong. I knew what WWJD stands for, I just could not find a picture with this on the glove so questioned it. Thanks again.

camarokids
02-27-2008, 09:43 PM
found it !

bigtruck260
02-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Pretty nice glove too - It's in my watch list...

But I'm not going after it. Looper is a fine pitcher, but it would end up taking up wall space. I want it but don't need it...man - that was a GREAT thread by the way...

Dave

camarokids
02-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Glove sold for $228.03 , I wonder if a forum member bought it ?

If you did ? You won't have to look for a photo match , pic has been posted on this thread already ......

Nice glove!

CardinalsFan
02-28-2008, 07:52 PM
I am still new to this and am trying to learn, so please forgive this question. Is the photo a photo match or style match. When it was first posted I tried to find the WWJD piece on it (thinking this would make it the photomatch), but could not make it out so I thought I might only be a style match. I am just trying to understand how all this works, and I still have so much to learn!

Thanks for the thoughts.

stlgroundskeeper
02-29-2008, 12:50 AM
I am pretty sure its a photomatch. When I look at the picture I see what I think to be the wwjd bracelet. If you looka t the nike logo it can be seen a little bit. I hope it helps. Did you win it? I thought about bidding on it and then I got caught up in other things.

Andrew

Birdbats
02-29-2008, 09:37 AM
It's a style match. There's just not enough detail in the photo to say with certainty that it's the same glove. A style match means the photo shows the player with they same style of jersey, cap, glove, bat, etc. A photo match means there's something specific that can be seen that matches the item to the photo -- a stain on a jersey, ink transfer on a bat, writing on a glove, etc.

I've seen a few photos of Looper and his gloves and the WWJD strap is common. You can see it clearly in the Cardinals 2007 yearbook. However, in the yearbook, the strap runs through a loop; it runs through a smaller clip on the glove in the auction. Definitely different. Can't tell one way or the other on the posted photo, so it would have to be a style match. With a solid black glove that has no distinguishing features (scuffs, writing, etc.), it would be very difficult to find a concrete photo match... though there's no doubt that's the same style of glove Looper is known to wear.

AWA85
02-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Is this the exact same glove that is up for auction again on EBAY? I didn't really pay close attention to the first one but this one is now up with item number : 110229223401.

Birdbats
02-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Is this the exact same glove that is up for auction again on EBAY?

No, different brand. The other glove was a Nike; this is a Louisville TPX.

Redbird64
03-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Is there any way to tell if the glove on eBay is legit? There are pics of Looper using the TPX on 2006. Guess he switched to Nike last year.