PDA

View Full Version : How many of these bats have you seen ?

camarokids
02-24-2008, 07:05 PM
The only bright spot of the DEVIL RAYS FanFest was I won this silent auction for a bat ........Other than that FanFest was a huge disappointment.......

I have seen only three of his bats for sale and all three were sold by the DEVIL RAYS ! Including the one I bought......

I was told Iwamura buys his own bats and the only time the teams gets any of his bats is if he cracks one........

Also someone else in the DEVIL RAYS org told me a lot the game used stuff was/has been traded for items to go into the Ted Williams Hitters Hall of Fame .......

Maybe that is where all their gamers went ???????

camarokids
02-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey there !
Here is some better pictures of the Iwamura Nike Bat . I am thinking it would be best to keep the bat in its exact condition as I received from the team . I really like it . Apparently when he cracks a bat , he really cracks a bat....

It would probably be expensive to have professionally repaired . Plus I would be scared of screwing the bat up . Or do you think the crack is an eyesore ? There for needs repaired ?

Thanks in advance for the opinions .

chakes89
02-24-2008, 11:40 PM
That bat is very nice

Nnunnari
02-25-2008, 06:47 PM
David,
Nice bat, I think a crack adds character to a bat. As long as you can live w/o being able to swing the bat, I'd leave it alone- but if you're going to want to handle the bat a lot, I'd think about having it professionaly repaired.

Nick

scottanservitz
02-25-2008, 09:41 PM
David,
It looks like you can display it from the other side and it appears straight. I just bought a bat that was severely cracked at about a 60 degree angle. It just didn't look good that way. I repaired it myself and it looks a lot better. Yours is a bit more valuable and with your story about all his bats that hit the public being cracked, I'd leave it alone. Your crack just proves the authenticity. Nice bat!
Scott

momen55
02-26-2008, 09:33 AM
dave;
are you the one i was talking to about the gamers you bought at a card table? i should have contacted you before going at least to have met someone from the forum. ivan

camarokids
02-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi Ivan,
I talked to quite a few people after buying the bats . Were you pushing a baby stroller ? I sent you an email . If you want to get together and go to a game or to Hooters , LMK .....

dzscope@eartlink.net

momen55
02-26-2008, 04:08 PM
that was me. we were talking by the williams museum table.

camarokids
02-26-2008, 05:28 PM
that was me. we were talking by the williams museum table.

Well now I know who you are/were , nice meeting you ! I remember seeing you somewhere else as well . Maybe last year at the Trop ???