PDA

View Full Version : Opinion of the Drexler "used" jersey?

nick1980
02-22-2008, 09:22 PM
This is what the seller says about the jersey

"This is a 1 of a kind exibition game jersey framed in a 2 sided display frame with glass. Authentic Clyde Drexler exibition game jersey.
Portland Trail Blazer #22 in a 2 sided wood frame with glass.
The name on the jersey is Clyde's other nickname, "Savage"
The fame costs over $100.00 by it's self.

Research will show this was worn during an exibition game when Clyde played here in Portland. Simular items sell on ebay for $2500.00 or more"

Please let me know what you guys think, it looks to have proper tagging but did he ever where a jersey with "savage" on the back for any kind of game? I live in Portland and I have never heard of Drexler being called "Savage"???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/nick325ic/drexler1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/nick325ic/drexler2.jpg

Fred
02-24-2008, 06:29 PM
There have been several Drexler jerseys available in recent years.This jersey would be a one of a kind jersey if what the seller says is true.I thought that he was known as "Clyde The Glyde".As far as I know his game worn jerseys should be tagged size 44 + 4 inches extra length.I was told that the 44 + 3 jerseys are pro cut jerseys.

hblakewolf
02-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Ask the seller for one shred of evidence that Drexler ever went by the nickname "Savage"-a program from this unknown exhibition, a media guide, anything! Likewise, ask for the date this game was played. It can easily be confirmed, once a date in known.

I've been dealing with the Blazers since 1979, and have sold well over two dozen Drexler jerseys. I've never seen or heard of anything relating to this "Savage" nickname or particular exhibition game where this would have been worn.

I look forward to the sellers response.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

frikativ54
02-24-2008, 07:58 PM
I am from Portland and go to Reed College, and I have never heard Drexler referred to as anything besides Clyde Drexler and "Clyde the Glide". Hope this helps.

commando
02-25-2008, 12:19 AM
It's quite possible that this jersey was produced by the team to give to a VIP or contest winner whose last name is Savage. The tagging would be correct, the name on the back would be with the correct letters, but the jersey probably wouldn't have ever been touched by Drexler. It also makes sense that the prize jersey would feature the number of the team's franchise player.

mfsquirrelmaster
02-25-2008, 02:34 AM
I would ask the seller about this so called "research" showing the jersey was worn in an exhibition game.

Vintagedeputy
02-25-2008, 07:07 AM
We can call them directly and ask.....they're trying to sell it on CL.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/for/579688111.html

Jim

hblakewolf
02-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Emails seeking additional and supporting information sent to both the email address on the Craigs List:

----- Original Message ----- From: Howard Wolf (hblakewolf@patmedia.net)
To: klynn3214@hotmail.com (klynn3214@hotmail.com)
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: CLYDE DREXLER exibition game jersey ~ Make offer!!!

Hi-

As an avid Drexler fan and equipment collector, this is the first time I've ever heard that his other nickname is "Savage". Can you provide any supporting info./documentation that he both wore this jersey and also that his nickname is "Savage"?

In particular, when was this game? Where can I learn of this game and likewise, learn of this nickname? I can't locate a single web page, Portland Trail Blazer yearbook or media guide indicating he has ever had this nickname. Where did you learn this?

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net
__________________________________________________ __________

As of this post, no response to either email request.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

frikativ54
02-27-2008, 01:18 AM
How do you know that Dan Savage didn't come down I-5 to my native Portland and get honored by the Blazers, and get that jersey as a momento? :D

hblakewolf
02-27-2008, 06:37 AM
How do you know that Dan Savage didn't come down I-5 to my native Portland and get honored by the Blazers, and get that jersey as a momento? :D

Better yet, "Dirty" Dutch Savage, the local Portland Wrestling icon.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Jags Fan Dan
02-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Maybe the Macho Man was going to suit up??