PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Astros Game Used Memorabilia

twinsbb17
02-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know what the Astros have historically done with their game used jerseys, hats,bats, etc? I'm looking to snag some Erstad gear but just curious if it ever surfaces.

Thanks,
Adam

eGameUsed
02-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Adam,

The Astros still have the majority of all game worn jerseys since 1999. Between the 1970s and 1992, most jerseys were recycled to the minors. A lot of the 1993 jerseys were sold in charity auctions and at FanFest. The 1994 and some 1995 jerseys were sold to Hartle. 1995 to 1998 went to Ball Four Sports (Lou Lampson). The Astros like selling the jerseys in bulk, but from dealers I have talked to they want a lot for the bulk buy. PLUS, most of the big name stars are gone. Many of the jerseys were used as gifts from players and for charity events. Every now and again, I am able to come up with a nice piece, so will keep on the lookout.

As for bats, many are sold through the team store. These bats are sometimes in bad shape and have pieces missing, but they do get some nice ones from time to time. A lot of bats get out through the usual sources. I do get a lot, so shoot me an e-mail and I will see what I can do.

As for hats and other items, they get out from time to time. Again, let me know what you are looking for by way of an e-mail and I will put you on the list. You would be the first to request Erstad for 2008.

Hope this helps! Thanks,