PDA

View Full Version : Piazza H&B

metsbats
02-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi Jim,

I would like to find out how many C243 Hornsby finished H&B bats Mike Piazza ordered during the 92-94 seasons. Also if Mike stopped ordering from H&B altogether after he started using Mizunos exclusively for games and Rawlings for BP.

Thanks
David Louie

JimCaravello
02-18-2006, 12:23 AM
Hi David - unfortunately, Piazza's shipping records are not one of the records available currently. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Jim

metsbats
02-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the reponse Jim. How does H&B choose to release which players bat order records and which orders not too? Can you please shed some light on why you can get some players but not others? -David

JimCaravello
02-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi David - The records that I have were obtained over a long period of time and my focus was on pre-80 Stars and HOFers, as that is what I collect. Remember - I am a collector, not a dealer or authenticator. I don't have current player's records because I do not collect that material. When I was obtaining the records from Louisville, you could not acquire active player's records from Louisville Slugger. My contact is long gone from Louisville Slugger and I have not requested records in a long time. I personally have what I need to continue to collect.

Mike Specht's records were obtained at a different time and I believe even from a different source within Louisville. His focus was also on older stars and HOFers. There are a couple of current player's records that we managed to obtain, but not a lot. I hope this answers your question.

Unfortunately, many of you will ask for us to look up current player's records and Mike and I will not have that information.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

metsbats
02-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the explanation Jim. This certainly explains why the information is limited. Thanks Again. -David