PDA

View Full Version : AstrosFest 2006 Review

eGameUsed
02-17-2006, 11:24 AM
The Astros held there annual "AstrosFest" this past weekend. Autographs were pretty nice this year; 300 tickets for each session, all tickets on sale at 10 am on Saturday and 9 am Sunday. The lines for Biggio and Bagwell on Saturday were full by 7 am. The big surprise of the weekend was Biggio refused to sign bats and Bagwell would sign bats BUT he had to personalize them. A lot of upset people! As for others, Lance Berkman, Brandon Backe, Mike Lamb, Phil Garner, Morgan Ensberg, Willy Tavares, Chad Qualls, Jason Lane, and a few others.

There were no game used items for sale; however, the Astros continued there ways of having the players wear a jersey and they get auctioned off. Of the 12 jerseys in the Auction, I bought 8. All jerseys were game used from previous seasons with the exception of the Biggio, Bagwell, and Berkman, which were authentic "0062" jerseys with no MLB patch on the back collar, wrong lettering, or no name plates. The jerseys I did get all showed great use, some from 2003 with the Columbia patch and the rest from 2005, some with the 2005 WS Patch.

I was told the rest of the team jerseys from 1999 to 2005 are in storage waiting for a bulk buy! Bats are sold throughout the year in the team store, but most are in pretty bad shape with missing pieces and a lot of mis numbered knobs.

The turnout of people was incredible! I think they had close to 50,000 people for the weekend. Some of the people I talked with came from all over the country. I saw my usual Japanese friend that makes the trip every year for Biggio and Bagwell autographs.

Thanks,

Chris Boyd
ccboyd@houston.rr.com
www.eGameUsed.com (http://www.eGameUsed.com)
713-385-1155