PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re: MeiGray

grandpahoo
02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Has anyone had success requesting a picture of an item from MeiGray? I'm interested in a jersey they have listed, but the website doesn't have a picture. I sent them an email last week but haven't heard back. I don't want to waste my time (and theirs) by continuing to follow up if they're not likely to respond.

Ozric
02-11-2008, 03:05 PM
They have sent me photo's within a few hours of my request via e-mail. I've only asked twice, but they have been very prompt. I would call them as they might just be short staffed now.

Nathan
02-11-2008, 03:55 PM
That's odd for them. I'd re-send the picture request and chalk this up to something going awry.

MeiGray is the best in the business, bar none. They're the prototype for "above and beyond".

PK
02-11-2008, 03:55 PM
If you call, they will go get the jersey and give you a fantastic description over the phone. They do this many times a day for all the hockey collectors who wnat description of the wear.

If you still need photos, I am 100% positive they will send them out to you ASAP

sportscentury
02-11-2008, 04:01 PM
I think that they've had some email problems. Perhaps your email did not go through. I will tell you that they are in a small, elite group when it comes to customer service. I have had nothing but extremely positive interactions with them, and they have nearly always replied very quickly with photos and information.

BarryMeisel
02-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi Grandpahoo,

We had a few e-mail hiccups recently, so I must not have gotten your e-mail. We will respond quickly and gladly send you photos if a jersey you are interested has not been photographed for the website.

Sorry for the inconvenience, just let me know which jersey, or re-send an e-mail to me at bmeisel@meigray.com

And thanks for the kind words, everyone.

One other thing: A few collectors with yahoo e-mails have told us that a few of my e-mails have gone right to spam.

If that happens to anyone, please LMK,
Thanks, Barry

grandpahoo
02-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks to everyone for the responses. Just to clarify, I absolutely didn't mean to suggest that MeiGray is anything less than a top-notch organization. I've bought several items from them in the past and they've always been great to work with.

Barry, thanks for the quick reply. I'll send you an email this afternoon.

Cheers,

Justin

BarryMeisel
02-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Justin,
Did you send me an e-mail today?
I don't think I got one from you.
LMK, Barry

jayt1234
02-11-2008, 08:47 PM
There was I think an email issue I think, but if you want the best in the industry (in my opinion) this is the company. I bought an Eagles throwback jersey and helmet from them a few weeks back and they were the best, and the staff was unbelieable. Just my 2 cents.

Jay Thomas

Number9
02-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Not that it is needed, but I will always jump on any chance to praise Barry. As busy as he is, traveling around the NHL, or personally monotoring special jersey events, or working on 'big-picture' issues with his company and huge inventory, he often himself handles things for individual collectors, just like this example. Barry is a huge asset to the hobby.

Mike

grandpahoo
02-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Justin,
Did you send me an e-mail today?
I don't think I got one from you.
LMK, Barry

Hi Barry,

I had a couple of client emergencies come up this afternoon, so I just got home from work. I'll email you in a few minutes.

Thanks again for following up on this.

BarryMeisel
02-12-2008, 11:12 AM
No problem, Justin.
Just called you, left a message.
Give me a call in the office.

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.

Regards, Barry

grandpahoo
02-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Barry called me personally and gave me a detailed verbal description of the jersey. I ended up buying it, along with another jersey I've had my eye on. Very nice guy and a great experience all the way around.