PDA

View Full Version : My Prince Fielder bat...is it authentic?

brianborsch
02-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Ok so I am fairly new here and the whole time I have been wondering if my 2005 GU Prince Fielder bat is authentic. So I want you guys to look at the facts and tell me if I am off anywhere.

First off it is a Louisville Slugger Genuine Model C271 with the 125 in the logo on the barrel and states "Powerized".

Second, for Prince's name on the bat it is his signature, which I heard means he has a contract with LS.

Third, it is autographed by him and the auto matches other autos I've seen as well as his signature burned into the bat.

Fourth, I checked with Louisville Slugger and while over his career he has ordered many LS C271's, he only ordered C271s with a natural finish in 2005.(MY bat is a natural finish)

Fifth, there are pictures of him with the Brewers in 2005 using this same type of bat. (no picture matches yet as I can't get close enough)

Sixth, he has tape around the handle (which I have a guy I met tell me he has a Prince Gamer from his stop in Nashville stating that it has the tape on the nob the EXACT same way as mine).

Seventh, It had pine tar, rack marks as well as some ball marks on it.

Eighth it does actually have a hairline crack in it. (Quite possibly he may have gotten a hard hit off this bat, not enough to break it, but start to crack. The wood is not sepparated, just a slight crack.)

Ninth, it has his #28 partially showing from under the athletic tape on the nob. (He only had that # when he came up to the Majors)

Including the fact that it couldn't be a store model as Prince is not popular enough for that) and including the fact that this type of bat with his signature burned into it could only be ordered by Fielder, I think its a pretty sure thing to be authentic. I wonder if it having a crack would bring down the grade?

I am thinking about having MEARS do it. Any advice, or any errors in my data above?

brianborsch
02-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Can anyone help back me or give me something to validate or invalidate this bat? Just want to make sure I am not being blind here. Also, how much does the slight crack detract from the value????