PDA

View Full Version : My display case - finally finished!

bigtime59
02-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Finally got my display case finished. It's not as nice as Rob Steinmetz' but I'm pretty darned happy with it. It occupies one wall of my massive 9' x 11' home office (I had to rest the camera in the window on the opposite wall to take the photo), and holds three jerseys plus bunches of bobbleheads. The shelf at the top of the case will eventually hold books and two small speakers.
My office remodel has run over time and massively over budget, but I'm so happy I did it.
Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

TFig27
02-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Very nice job!!

How did you get the Orioles logo on the glass?

AWA85
02-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Very nice work, love seeing different ideas. Can't wait to creat my own shortly, few more months of school than I am ready to creat my masterpiece.

joelsabi
02-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Finally got my display case finished. It's not as nice as Rob Steinmetz' but I'm pretty darned happy with it. It occupies one wall of my massive 9' x 11' home office (I had to rest the camera in the window on the opposite wall to take the photo), and holds three jerseys plus bunches of bobbleheads. The shelf at the top of the case will eventually hold books and two small speakers.
My office remodel has run over time and massively over budget, but I'm so happy I did it.
Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

nice work. is this your time making a display case. i am impressed. where did you get all the materials to make the case? i like the sliding glass especially.

bigtime59
02-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Re: questions so far.

To say "I" did this is a stretch...a long, long stretch. It's my design (to the extent that it is designed), but most of the actual work was done by people with the appropriate mad skills and tools. (Like they say in the H&R Block commercials, "I've got people". I helped when and where I could, but mostly tried to not get in the way.
The Orioles logos are decals. The glass and rails can be bought, but be prepared to pay...dearly. Glass is NOT cheap. Especially tempered glass. (Wish I could have afforded UV blocking glass.) I keep the shades drawn in the room 90% of the time, and made sure to get light-blocking mini blinds.

frikativ54
02-09-2008, 09:13 PM
That is an awesome display case. Is it enclosed? BTW - of whom are those jerseys?

TriplexXxSports
07-23-2009, 06:29 AM
Looks Good! It fits in well with the wood bookcase. The decals are a very nice touch too. I'm guessing you went with 3 Orioles decals because you are a fan, but why not use the decals from team that each jersey is from? Just my personal preference. All-in-all, very nice!

markize
07-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Mark,

nice design, it looks great! Excellent use of your "massive" office. Can I ask exactly what you paid for the glass? Did you purchase each section individually, or as a set? Thanks.

Mark

tbone90
07-23-2009, 08:51 AM
The case came out great Mark! Everything always seems to look "richer" when it's behind glass.

And you're not kidding about the cost of glass either. Not too long ago I finished two 6' x 7' display cases in my house with sliding glass doors and mirrored backs. I almost had a heart attack when I ordered the stuff.