PDA

View Full Version : Favre 1996 Road Gamer on Ebay

mattmueller
02-09-2008, 11:27 AM
I have had some issues trying to find many photos from the 1996 season to get an opinion on this jersey. Would appreciate any member feedback on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150212523808&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Thanks,
Matt

gwh11
02-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Several weeks ago, I was contacted by a particular auction house that wanted my opinion of this very jersey. There are a number of reasons why this is not a genuine '96 Packers Favre jersey. Among them:

The NFL neck logo is too small (it would be o.k. on a Starter jersey a few years older, but it should be a bit larger on '96 jerseys).
The sleeves aren't hemmed quite right (lacks the appropriate visible seam between the last green stripe and the end of the sleeve).
The size, spacing of letters, and placement of the nameplate does not correspond to those on '96 Favre jerseys.
There are problems with the font spelling the name "Favre" on the nameplate; for example the length of the letter "E" is redolent of Nike lettering as opposed to Starter.
I was informed that there is no interior Ripon tag on the jersey.It also appears that there are some loose threads in the neck of the jersey, which in many instances may signify the removal of a retail tag.

Several 1996 Favre jerseys have appeared for sale or auction over the past year or so. Like every single '94 Favre throwback jersey I've seen, not one has been a legitimate gamer.

Hope this helps,
Guy

mattmueller
02-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Guy: As always, the forum members collective knowledge never fails to amaze me. Thank you.

Matt

packerfan
02-10-2008, 10:31 AM
I also noticed that the spandex side panels were not correct for packer jerseys. They run the length of the side up under the arm to the sleeve end, not to the shoulder as indicated in the photo. It's a fake that went for $1,200. Now, there's another one on ebay that started yesterday.