PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay...?

frikativ54
02-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Hey Game Used Collectors,

I thought this might be an interesting discussion topic. How much do you usually pay for the following items? A price range would be great, as well as info for how much more you'd pay for your favorite player.

1) A Bat

2) A Fielder's Glove

3) A Jersey

4) Cleats/Turf Shoes

5) Batting Gloves

6) Pants

7) A Hat

Add your own, if you wish.

Thanks.

zookerman182
02-09-2008, 03:35 AM
Prince Fielder and Alfonso Soriano are my favorite players and i have paid all different prices for thier bats. Fielder bats that arent his early model cherry colored bats i have bought for 300-450. I bought one of his rookie cherry colored lvs for 800. I think when it comes to a soriano bat the use is what drives the price. However I have bought barely used soriano bats for 450 and better used ones for 800 and none were even authenticated. Also i have noticed i have paid alot more for his nationals bats.

thomecollector
02-09-2008, 07:36 AM

I thought this might be an interesting discussion topic. How much do you usually pay for the following items? A price range would be great, as well as info for how much more you'd pay for your favorite player.

1) A Bat

2) A Fielder's Glove

3) A Jersey

4) Cleats/Turf Shoes

5) Batting Gloves

6) Pants

7) A Hat

Thanks.
I collect Thome stuff as you can see. Here are some of the prices that I have paid over the past few years.

Jerseys $1200- $1800
Batting gloves $200-$250
Cleats $200-$450
Bats $200-$525
Pants $350
Hat $150

skyking26
02-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Obviously everybody here knows I am the resident Kingman collector. Firts price you see will be what I paid in the old days in parenthesis, second is current pricing or what I'd expect to pay...

Jersey: (350-500), $1500+
Pants: ($250)
Fielders glove: ($750+)
bats: ($75-250) 250+
helmets $300+
hats: ??

As you can see, I have seen his jersey pricing go right thru the roof, keeping in mind that I have seen all jerseys go up dramatically, huge jumps. Of course with Kingman you are talking vintage now.

It amazes me how current players will garner big numbers. I see Zookerman collects Prince Fielder. I used to collect his dad here in the Detroit area. In his hayday his bats were $400. You'd be lucky to get $100 for his bat anywhere today. He had 3 consequetive RBI titles. I feel Prince will be a bigger star than dad, but find it hard to affix lofty figures to new guys, as so many times you see their careers fizzle and then the prices, like Cecil, respectively. I personally would love to have a Prince bat, but not at $800, not at $400 right now. Time will tell. Course the hobby has changed and so have what we feel are legitimate prices today. To get into this hobby today is an expensive one!!!

DonTheLegend
02-09-2008, 02:06 PM

1) A Bat

2) A Fielder's Glove

3) A Jersey

4) Cleats/Turf Shoes

5) Batting Gloves

6) Pants

7) A Hat

Thanks.

since i am almost exclusively a Ray Lankford collector, i can narrow my results down to this. some are just guestimates as i have not come across some of these items.

1) A Bat - $50-$100

2) A Fielder's Glove - saw one once about 10 years ago for $500. i dont own one

3) A Jersey - $150 - $300

4) Cleats/Turf Shoes - $250

5) Batting Gloves - $20

6) Pants - have never seen any available. i would figure $50-$75

7) A Hat - $50-$75

plt4008usmc
02-09-2008, 03:47 PM

1) A Bat: 100-200 (10-200)

2) A Fielder's Glove: Have yet to see one would think about 500-700

3) A Jersey- 150-500 (40-500)

4) Cleats/Turf Shoes-150 (free-150)

5) Batting Gloves-80 (25-80)

6) Pants- Have yet to see any about think about 75-100

7) A Hat-100 (75-100)

Thanks.

The above prices are what I have paid for Jed Lowrie. The prices in quotes is what I have paid for my other game used

suave1477
02-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Well I think its actually hard for anyone to say say what they would pay even to the people who previously posted.

I mean we all have in mind what we would like to pay, but reality sets in and sometimes we get luck find a great deal and pay less and sometimes we find an item that we have to have and pay a lot more.

If it is a favorite player or team I thinnk it eventually it all boils down to the rarity of the item.

Being I am the resident Strawberry collector.
I have come away with a great deal of spending $10 on something to going as far as $2000+

Example if your favorite player has used an item or a brand once you may want to have it so bad because it is so rare and the person who is selling knows how rare it is and may have a high price tag on it. You may go out of your normal spectrum of paying just to have this item.

Strawberry Jerseys are not always easy to find
Strawberry bats are easy to find.
Cleats float around every now and again.

So its all relevant!!!:rolleyes:

DonTheLegend
02-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Well I think its actually hard for anyone to say say what they would pay even to the people who previously posted.

I mean we all have in mind what we would like to pay, but reality sets in and sometimes we get luck find a great deal and pay less and sometimes we find an item that we have to have and pay a lot more.

If it is a favorite player or team I thinnk it eventually it all boils down to the rarity of the item.

Being I am the resident Strawberry collector.
I have come away with a great deal of spending $10 on something to going as far as $2000+

Example if your favorite player has used an item or a brand once you may want to have it so bad because it is so rare and the person who is selling knows how rare it is and may have a high price tag on it. You may go out of your normal spectrum of paying just to have this item.

Strawberry Jerseys are not always easy to find
Strawberry bats are easy to find.
Cleats float around every now and again.

So its all relevant!!!:rolleyes:

well said.

i have been guilty of over paying for something i thought i would never see again.

its the nature of the beast i suppose.

JETEFAN
02-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Being a Mattingly collector here goes,

Bat $1000. - $2000.
Glove $3000. - $5000. :p
Jersey $4000. - $ 6000.
Cleats $500. - $700.
Batting Gloves $ 200. - $ 400.
Pants $ 500. - $ $750.
Hat $ 200. - $500.

George