PDA

View Full Version : Something That Maybe We As A Forum Should Address?

Gyro123
02-07-2008, 06:28 PM
I do not know if this is an ongoing problem here on the forum for most, but I definately think this is something that should be addressed. Forum moderators go to great lengths in monitoring sellers, pricing, etc. (Rightfully so I must add). But in my experience they should have a system that monitors buyers.

I don't know how many times I have responded to photo requests on items I have made available only to never here from a buyer again. While I know this may sound like sour grapes, it's more of an issue of common courtesy then anything else. I have even had buyers ask that I hold items until there next paycheck, income tax refund, etc. only to never pay or drop me a note explaining their change in status when payments never arrive.

On this forum we have shed great light on the deceptive and dishonest selling practices of some idividuals and companies. Maybe it's time we start looking at the other side of the equation.

I apologize in advance to the moderatiors if this is not the right forum for this, but I thank you for listening and I will get off my soap box. Happy collecting.

skyking26
02-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Gyro - I think this is a perfect topic. While pictures assuredly should be part of the sale, I would hope a buyer only asks for them if he is GENUINELY interested. Occasionally I will get a guy (have 1 in mind) that asks for these pics and then later says he had no intent on buying, just thought it was a cool piece and wanted to look at it. Same guy waits til I sell an item and then says, "wish you had that again, I would definately buy it." Yea, sure. These guys are wasting everybody's time. Don't feel bad about this topic - it is waranted to be sure!

R. Koppel

Fnazxc0114
02-07-2008, 07:33 PM
if you spent the extra two seconds that it took to load the pictures to your post then you wouldnt have this issue.

Gyro123
02-07-2008, 07:52 PM
To the poster above, your idea is an excellent one in theory. However, it is not practical in some instances given forum rules. Moderators ask that all sale posts be consolidated by users so that they list all items available in a single post. Keep in mind some of these consolidated "sale" lists posted list over 50 items making it extremely difficult to post pics of all available items.

frikativ54
02-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Seriously, I don't see what the problem is. If people are interested in your item, that's great. Some people, myself included, could really be persuaded with an awesome picture. And although prospective buyers may never get back to you, if you ignore their requests, you are less likely to get their business in the future. People don't respond to emails always. That's their business. It may not be polite, but that's the way some people are. If you are the seller, I'd say that you just model gracious behavior, and hope that it will be eventually returned to you.

otismalibu
02-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I've never sold here, but I have sold items over the years on eBay or thru eBay ;)

It can get annoying but if someone seems to be stalling, I just send them the "I'll assume you are no longer interested..."
If I'm selling something, I've already taken the time to take pics, so that's no big deal to me.
Don't hold the items. I think you can still register a CC with Paypal. If they want something they can't afford, they can do like the rest of the nation and charge it.