PDA

View Full Version : Clemen's about to be roasted alive!

byergo
02-06-2008, 04:17 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22756043/

kingjammy24
02-06-2008, 05:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170191563405

i wonder what the original sales price on it was. if someone really paid $15k, that's a steep drop.

rudy.

bigtime59
02-06-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm sorry that this eBay seller is going to take a bath, but come on, people! You had to know that once the initial rush was over Yankee$ stuff was going to plunge like a rock thrown out of an upper-story window...and it wasn't like you were going to wake up one day and discover that they had new uniforms that weren't boring and ugly, was it?
And what idiot decided any modern player's jersey was worth that much to begin with???

Yankee$ uniforms are the equivilent of watching paint dry...just like Yankee$ baseball is a never ending loop of "the rich get richer, the rich get richer, the rich get richer, the rich get richer, the rich get richer, the rich get richer, the rich get richer, the rich get richer...get the point?

A pox on them, I say! :mad:

cjclong
02-07-2008, 11:57 AM
We may be able to finally learn who is telling the truth regarding McNamee's allegations against Clemens someday. I've kept an open mind on the subject although the fact that McNamee was credible about Petitte seemed to lend support about what he had said. However, McNamee's latest assertions that he saved syringes with Clemons blood on them for six or seven years is something I find extremely suspect. In our life experience who has ever heard of anyone at any time saving a used syringe. What was he planning to do with them, sell them on ebay? There may be some credible explanation of why he did it, but I can't think of one. This would come in the category of saving used tissue and toilet paper.

SkubeBats
02-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Could it be McNamee saved all this because he knew the day would come that he could use it against Clemens. If he was telling the truth about Andy what reason could he have to lie about Clemens. I don't think he has been lying I think it's Clemens who will be found to be lying a this time. The truth will come out and a lot of Yankees fans will be shocked and maybe feel a little ashamed that the believed in him. Somebody will be doing some time in jail and I think Clemens is use to wearing stripes. If it come out and Clemens is lying it wont be no big suprise would it?
Jamie

eGameUsed
02-07-2008, 01:19 PM
We may be able to finally learn who is telling the truth regarding McNamee's allegations against Clemens someday. I've kept an open mind on the subject although the fact that McNamee was credible about Petitte seemed to lend support about what he had said. However, McNamee's latest assertions that he saved syringes with Clemons blood on them for six or seven years is something I find extremely suspect. In our life experience who has ever heard of anyone at any time saving a used syringe. What was he planning to do with them, sell them on ebay? There may be some credible explanation of why he did it, but I can't think of one. This would come in the category of saving used tissue and toilet paper.

I think Brain McNamee knew exactly what he was doing. If I was a drug dealer selling steroids and HGH to millionaires, I think I would recognize I am a lowlife at the bottom of the barrel. One day somebody is going to turn on you and use the "my superstar word against the drug dealers." That is when evidence comes in to play. Guess what, he kept the stuff. Simply DNA test will tell us if Roger Clemens DNA is all in those syringes. If it is, then Roger's word becomes worthless. Brian McNamee could end up being the smartest person in sports!

toddhead
02-07-2008, 01:24 PM
It will never get resolved... if it does turn out to be Clemens DNA all Clemens will say is that he thought it was B-12 that was being injected. He's pretty safe unless he is on tape/video asking for the stuff or getting injected with it.

nomarmauerfan
02-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Actually, its interesting how everyone is claiming Vitamin B shots. If I not mistaken, Vitamin B is red in its liquid form. Steroids and HGH are clear or slightly yellow. Pretty easy to tell the difference...even if it is getting stuck in your ass!!!

Also, it is against the law for a trainer or physical therapist to break the skin (perform an injection)...I know because I am a physical therapist. I'm not sure why the writers have not jumped on this. If the players were getting injected to help with injuries, then why not get a legal prescription from a licensed MD and do the injections themselves (legally) or through their clinic (also legal)? They are all full of crap!!! They knew and still know that they were/are doing something illegal.

And, McNamee is "smart" keeping the vials/syringes. He could blackmail Clemens and anyone else at any time. Also, would he seriously think that he wouldn't get caught eventually? He's saving everything so that everyone goes down but him. I'm sure he has everyone's syringes...not just Clemens'. A genius of a low-life scum. He has embarassed the medical profession...and that's the least of the worries here!!!

Mike

cjclong
02-07-2008, 02:07 PM
At the time McNamee was involved with steroids he wasn't publicly advertising he was doing it. He was involved in illegal conduct which he was trying to keep under cover. Why would he keep evidence that, if found, would subject him to criminal prosecution That wouldn't be smart it would be stupid, as dumb as someone keeping detailed receipts for large cocaine purchases. You don't keep evidence that links you to criminal activity if you have a brain, you destroy it. Do you really think in 2000 McNamee was thinking, maybe there will be a big issue in sports about steroids in 5 or 6 years so I'll hang on to this stuff. I'm not in trouble for drug dealing yet, but if I keep this syringe and somebody finds out and the Feds run a search warrant on me and find this stuff it will help them nail me. Drug dealers don't keep evidence of their drug dealing if they have a brain, they get rid of it. Why should we believe for a minute that McNamee thought, I'm not in trouble for drug dealing now, but I'm going to keep evidence of my drug dealing for years that could help the government prove I'm a drug dealer and send me to prison just so I can ruin someone's reputation.

nomarmauerfan
02-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I couldn't disagree more!!! He may not have guessed that it would happen, but, he could protect himself if it DID happen. He could have easily put the "evidence" away in safe deposit boxes or somewhere else private. No one would be any wiser unless something like this came up. Otherwise, explain why the evidence still exists!!!

Mike

And, the baseball circle is small. You don't have to advertise...everyone who wants to know will know. The pro players that I have treated have told me stories that would blow you away!!!

nomarmauerfan
02-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Also, MLB requires the team trainers and MD's to keep detailed logs of meds issued, including injectables. It would be interesting to see if any of these injections are on any logs. I doubt it, but it would be interesting if that ever comes out.

Mike

sylbry
02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Greg Anderson didn't destroy the log of his illegal activity with Bonds.

I think in this instance people need to stop thinking like rational people (why would he keep a syringe for years) and start thinking like a criminal (why would he not keep something that could be used as a bargaining chip).

At least there will be a conclusion to this episode. Sooner or later the government will release their findings and at that point we can stop speculating what it is or it isn't.

cjclong
02-07-2008, 04:23 PM
How would saving evidence that you were dispensing drugs "protect" you from the charge you were dispensing drugs. As a matter of fact it hasn't protected him and he is under federal charges now. The evidence in no way "protected" him. If he was keeping it to help himself in some way why did he wait till now to disclose it. The obvious reason is it doesn't help him at all. All it does is prove he was dealing drugs. He couldn't even blackmail Clemens because if he threatened to make it public it would expose him as a drug dealer. McNamee was operating under the radar dispensing drugs. He wanted it known with in certain circles he was dealing. Obviously he did not want it publicly known so he would not face criminal charges. Keeping evidence that he had been dispensing drugs would not absolve him of any charges, it could only corroborate any other evidence law enforcement had against him And in keeping it anywhere he was running a risk it could be found if he kept it rather than destroy it. Anywhere he kept it hidden , no matter how carefully hidden, was a risk to him that it could be found.The evidence doesn't "protect" him, it proves he is a drug dealer and was worthless for blackmail because it would expose him as a drug dealer. I don't know whether or not he is telling the truth about giving Clemens steroids, but keeping used syringes and gauze for 6 or 7 years so you can prove you were dealing drugs to someone doesn't pass the smell test.

kingjammy24
02-07-2008, 04:33 PM
hi cjclong

i'm no district attorney but perhaps mcnamee felt that if caught he'd be able to "cut a deal" (as they say on law & order) if he gave up some bigger fish? "cooperate with us, give up clemens and we'll show some leniency". giving someone else up would only work if he had some solid evidence to back up his claims.

after all, mcnamee is obviously talking and cooperating and you have to wonder why he's doing that if there's nothing in it for him. ie: some sort of deal.

again, maybe i've been watching too much tv but it always seemed to work for jack mccoy!

rudy.

nomarmauerfan
02-07-2008, 06:11 PM
I believe kingjammy is correct, hence, saying what I am. I am under the impression that McNamee is getting a significantly lesser sentence due to his cooperation with the investigation. Why else save this stuff...he's using it to decrease the load on him.

Mike

eGameUsed
02-07-2008, 07:56 PM
There is a reason why Al Capone went to jail for illegal gambling and alcohol/drug smuggling? He kept very good records! The IRS intentionally put a line on Income Tax forms that stated "Income from Illegal Gambling Winnings." Capone didn't check the box and he got busted for tax evasion. Criminals generally keep very good records in their private circle of trust, so they can track who owes them what and what they did.

I too think Brian McNamee has a stash of vials for everyone he worked on!

If people are smart enough to not leave evidence, why did all those players in the Mitchell Report write personal checks to Radamski? If I was a baseball player and want HGH, I guarantee I am not going to write a personal check. I am going to have someone else pay cash!

cjclong
02-08-2008, 11:46 AM
We'll just have to let this thing play out and see what happens. I was skeptical of Clemons when Pettitte backed up what McNamee said about HGH and I'm also skeptical of the syringe evidence. Normally people don't keep evidence of their crime so they can work a deal on their case in the event they caught 6 or 7 years later. They get rid of it. I can't think of any logical reason why McNamee would have wanted to prove he was giving drugs to Clemens back then. At that point in time he would have wanted everyone to believe he had nothing to do with it. There are only two possible reasons he would have kept the bloody syringes. One would be to black mail Clemens. But in order to do that he would have had to threaten to go public with the information, which Clemens would have known he couldn't do because he would be confessing to a crime and risk arrest and prosecution. The other reason would be, as has been speculated, to use the evidence that could help convict him of drug dealing to rat out Clemens and get a deal on his case. For that to be the true he would have had to have the foresight to know if he were charged with a crime the Mitchell report would be headline news and the Feds and Congress would have a huge interest in which players were using drugs. Would any of us here made that prediction in 2000? I doubt it. I know Clemens attorney Rusty Hardin ,is an excellent lawyer with a good reputation for honesty. If Clemens is lying he is really letting him get out on a limb. Its possible everything McNamee is saying is true, but the syringe stuff flies in the face of how most people act and the press seems to accept it all as true . As I said at the start, I'm skeptical of both sides and we need to test all the stories before we accept any of them as true.

BMH
02-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Keeping the syringe is odd, but then I know a certain young woman who kept a blue dress with some "stains" on it...

cjclong
02-08-2008, 12:37 PM
I hope McNamee didn't have the same attachment to the syringes and bloody gauze the young woman had to the dress.

cjw
02-09-2008, 01:21 AM
I worked at the SkyDome Hotel as a Concierge for both of Roger's 2 years as a Jay (1997, 1998)..both Cy years. He lived in the Hotel while not with the team on the road as did 'Mac", Brian Macnamee. Mac and Roger didn't often socialize after the game, but did work out together. I went out for beers with Mac a few times after work..and I do mean beers...he would typically order 4 or 6 Coors light at a time, because "he doesn't like to wait for servers to come by again". He was always charismatic and "on", full of energy. One night, we met Mike Myers of Austin Powers fame and Brian had Mike, Mike's brother-in-law and me back on the SkyDome field shagging balls at 2 am. Granted, steriods were not a hot topic in those days, but there was zero "scuttlebutt" around the hotel, including from the housekeeping staff, about syringes etc. lying around the rooms etc.