PDA

View Full Version : BOGUS Nat Moore Dolphins jersey on eBay

dafivehole
02-06-2008, 11:54 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/NFL-MIAMI-DOLPHINS-NAT-MOORE-GAME-USED-WORN-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ320215542767QQihZ011QQcategoryZ868 29QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nat's last year was 1986 and the Dolphins didn't wear the Dolphins logo on the sleeves until the next year (1987) :rolleyes: I told the seller this but, surprise, no response and it's still listed :rolleyes:

Roger

Eric
02-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Is it possible that it's a 1987 training camp jersey and Nat retired during or after training camp in '87?
Eric

Eric
02-06-2008, 01:27 PM
In 1986 there were two players named Moore on the Fins (that would explain N Moore. the other was DB Mack Moore)

In 1987 there were no players with the name Moore on the regular season roster.

Hmm...

Eric
02-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Here's an article from 1987

NAT MOORE SIGNS (http://nl.newsbank.com/nojavascript.html)

Source: GARY SHELTON Herald Sports Writer
Dolphins Coach Don Shula, who has been searching for some new hits during training camp, was visited Saturday by a couple of golden oldies. Nat Moore, the NFL's oldest wide receiver, signed a one- year contract in the morning. Unsigned nose tackle Bob Baumhower stopped by in the afternoon to discuss his status. For Moore, who is less than a month from his 36th birthday, his 23-day holdout was more by design than a product of contract hassles.

Published on August 23, 1987, Page 5D, Miami Herald, The (FL)

Eric
02-06-2008, 01:52 PM
TWO DOLPHINS OUT IN LAST ROSTER CUTS

(javascript:articleShare('permalink');)
writePost();

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: September 8, 1987
LEAD: Nat Moore and Tony Nathan, two of the mainstays of the Miami Dolphins' offense for the past decade, and Tony Hill, a onetime star with the Cowboys who recently joined the 49ers, were cut yesterday as the National Football League teams got down to their 45-man rosters.
Nat Moore and Tony Nathan, two of the mainstays of the Miami Dolphins' offense for the past decade, and Tony Hill, a onetime star with the Cowboys who recently joined the 49ers, were cut yesterday as the National Football League teams got down to their 45-man rosters.

Moore and Nathan were cut as Miami made the unusual move of keeping four quarterbacks - Dan Marino, who sufferd a finger injury in the preseason; Don Strock, Ron Jaworski, and Jim Jensen, who doubles as special teams captain and backup wide receiver. The Dolphins also placed the linebacker Hugh Green back on injured reserve.

Moore, a 13-year veteran, was the Dolphins' all-time leading receiver with 510 catches for 7,547 yards. Although he had 38 receptions for 431 yards and seven touchdowns last year, he was beaten out by Fred Banks, a free agent, for the fifth receiving job behind Mark Duper, Mark Clayton, James Pruitt and a rookie, Scott Schwedes.

dafivehole
02-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Awesome research Eric! I didn't even mention the fact that the Wilson tagging looks odd too... I think they still wore Champion or Russell back too. What he's selling is (I think) a store bought jersey :eek:

Roger

kingjammy24
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
the wilson tag has another smaller tag affixed to the bottom of it. the smaller tag has a 2-letter code. what's the code?

the code should tell you when wilson manufactured the jersey.

rudy.

designedexclusively
02-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Those papery wilson tags were produced I believe from 1989-1990...