PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone...

AWA85
02-05-2008, 09:29 PM
So for years I have collected autograph baseballs, pictures, and certified cards from different companies. Well since I have found this web site I am hooked on game used items and am thinking about selling a lot of my baseballs and cards just to purchase more game used items. What do you guys think is the best method of selling off the collection? I know there isn't a lot of action on the Autograph page here, is EBAY the only way to go here? Any other ideas or tips.

bigtruck260
02-06-2008, 10:22 AM
So for years I have collected autograph baseballs, pictures, and certified cards from different companies. Well since I have found this web site I am hooked on game used items and am thinking about selling a lot of my baseballs and cards just to purchase more game used items. What do you guys think is the best method of selling off the collection? I know there isn't a lot of action on the Autograph page here, is EBAY the only way to go here? Any other ideas or tips.

FIRST, take great photos and post them in the FOR SALE section of this forum. Be very specific and set your price so that you have room to move for negotiations. Make package deals with certain teams/players.

I would say use eBay for your cards, but they are really charging a lot for people selling on the low end - so if you are doing that, only do it if you will make a MINIMUM of $100 for each order. Again, be VERY descriptive...

Dave

kylehess10
02-06-2008, 10:22 AM
I did the SAME exact thing. After I got hooked on game used, I sold all of my game used and certified autograph cards. I used eBay, and made a few hundred dollars from it. I sold all of the high-end cards as single lots, and I took a few of the lower-end cards and put them in 5-10 card lots. It all worked out pretty well

AWA85
02-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the tips guys, I was trying to figure out ways to avoid all the EBAY fees. Think I may end up putting a lot of my certified cards together on the BAY but we will see. The game used field has be stuck on it though, so anything to get my hands on a little more.

Dewey2007
02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Depending on what you have (rare autos, HOFers) you could also consider going through an auction house to try and sell all your collection that way. They should be able to help you figure out the best way to do this. I am selling some basketball autographs I have through Huggins & Scott but there are plenty of other ones too. You would have to pay them a percentage (10-15%) but if you don't want to go the eBay route this might be a good option. Good luck!

David
02-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I would first try selling them on eBay to see how it goes, while knowing you can consign to auction houses as a backup. It's always nice to have a backup.

AWA85
02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Sounds like a plan, may wait till the season kicks up a little bit. Might have a little larger interest once the season is here. Just can't escape the BAY.

earlywynnfan
02-06-2008, 04:23 PM
I'd be interested in seeing a list of the auto'd BB; I still collect them. Also, I know of many levels of auction houses, depending on how valuable they are.

Ken

AWA85
02-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Earlywynn I plan on putting a list together shortly of the ones I do plan on moving. I have a little bit of everything when it comes to baseballs from going to games and signings. I'll let you know when I get that list together.

AWA85
02-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Kyle and those that have sold off some of their collections, this one is for you. I have about 25 autographed cards (about 21 of them are certified from the company the others one I picked up). Do you think just making them one big lot and selling them together would cut down on the work for me, or will it cut into the price I will get back? These are all players like Josh Beckett, Mark Texiera, Ben Sheets, Huston Street, Carl Crawford, Jason Bay, Trevor Hoffman, Rafael Furcal and a few former HOF's and a few upcoming stars like Conor Jackson, joey Votto.

Would a group package like this get noticed on the BAY, I am trying stay away from shipping each card out seperate. Let me know what you think.

AWA85
02-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Well I typed up a pretty good list of my collection on the Autograph board, now how many people look over there may be a different thing. If you are looking for a deal go check out the baseball autograph board, hopefully I dont have to put everything on Ebay.