PDA

View Full Version : Faulk glut

gameusedfan
02-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Some help needed. Every now and then, large numbers of jerseys appear to hit various auction houses at once. For example, I have seen more than ten (by casual count) Marshall Faulk jerseys being sold across four auction houses in the past month. There are even two home jerseys from 1995 alone on AM and VA. My question is why there are large quantities of jerseys that just suddenly appear out of nowhere for no rhythm or reason. I would have guessed that it could sometimes be because an equip mngr is selling some of their items but in the Faulk case, these items span two different teams and ten years. I always wanted a Faulk jersey and just got one from Broadway Rick's for $1200 (the first I had seen in a long time) and that is certainly turning in a royal beating in the backside because with all these current jerseys, they will be lucky to get $500 bids!!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

P.S. This same thing has also happened with Reggie White jerseys recently (two teams, ten years, 8-10 jerseys). Fortunately, I am an Eagles fan so I don't mind the two that I bought on the cheap.

byergo
02-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Perhaps a major collector is divesting himself of these?