PDA

View Full Version : 0062 Tag Anomaly - Re-sewn or Poorly sewn ??

R. C. Walker
01-30-2008, 12:51 AM
I was looking through my stash of jerseys I obtained from the Friarfest and came across a startling surprise. While checking the all important 0062 tag on one, I thought I found one which had been re-sewn! This jersey came straight from the Padres mind you. Why would they do that?

When I looked closer, I notice a small fold. Pulling it back I found the tag had indeed been sewn in the proper way. The tag just had a “seamstress error”. A single sewn hem made the fold.

I have attached scans. I had to lower the brightness so you could see the contrast from the tag and jersey. As you can see, it would be easy to assume that the jersey had been tampered with.

The Titan
01-30-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm kind of new with baseball jerseys. What's the 0062 for again?

I have a Barry Bonds TBTC with 0062 on it. I wasn't sure what it meant.

tilley72
01-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Both look resewn to me, but that's just my opinion.

As for the '0062' tag, Majestic uses that tagging I believe for inventory reasons. The tagging that goes '0062' tag is for use by players and tagging that goes '6200' is for a retail jersey. There are also jerseys with numbers such as '0065' and '0068'.

David
01-31-2008, 03:23 AM
Yes-- it is not an absolute rule (exceptions have been found), but the 0062 wash tag is typically associated with Majestic jerseys made for the pro players. Majestic sewed the tag underneath the main seam. Some forgeries have the tag sewn on top of the seam. Under versus over is clear upon inspection and in a picture. The 6200 tag is associated with retail jerseys, but it appear a a few 6200s have been worn by MLB players. So treat the 0062 versus 6200 as a general but not absolute rule. An under-seam sewn 0062 tag is not absolute proof of authenticity but is good evidence when purchasing a modern Majestic MLB used jersey-- as it is strong indication the jersey was made for the player, as opposed to the racks at Target.

The Titan
02-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Awesome! Thank you for ya'lls help! I appreciate it.

John