PDA

View Full Version : Usps Theft !!!!!!!!

JETEFAN
01-28-2008, 04:05 PM
I was just notified that a bat I sent to a membered on the forum was stolen by someone at the Post Office. When he went to pick up the bat tube at the Post Office, the tape on the end cap was cut off and the tube was empty!! This is becoming a real problem with all the carriers. Anyone else ever had issues with the post office ? Do they make good on their insurance claims?:mad:

Thanks
George

bigtruck260
01-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Just had an issue with UPS this past week. I sent a bat in a tube from MO to CA, and the only scan that showed up for 4 days was the label I created.

Magically, without any other scans, the package appears on my customer's doorstep five days later. How does this happen? I use UPS because the tracking system at USPS is inadequate. Without scanning items, there is no telling where it is at any given time.

Whenever I called UPS, all they could say was..."It has not left your location yet". Talk about frustrating.

Dave

worldchamps
01-28-2008, 04:50 PM
I used to send everything UPS...then I read all the horror stories on here

I then sent a bat Fed EX and it cost over $40 to send!!!!!

The last bat I sent was USPS, and it was the cheapest I think $20 or so.

I am not sure what to use now....I have never had any problems with any of them, other than Fed EX charging so much.

Is there a common prefered sender?

nate
01-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Maybe we could start a thread of stolen items with pictures. That way we can report it if the item ends up on ebay, auction house, etc.

JETEFAN
01-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Maybe we could start a thread of stolen items with pictures. That way we can report it if the item ends up on ebay, auction house, etc.

Nate, great idea !!!!!!

harpt
01-28-2008, 07:00 PM
I sold a bat in August to a guy in Chicago (about 3 hours away) and sent it USPS. It was sent Priority Mail with insurance. The container showed up empty with stamps all over it that read "package delivered without contents" (or something like that).

As of today (nearly 6 months later) I am still working with my local Post Office to recover this money. I refunded the buyer's money, so at this point I am out over $200, plus I don't have the bat anymore.

I agree that it is a great idea to start a thread about some of these items. I would like nothing more than to nab someone who is doing this.

wllump52
01-28-2008, 08:24 PM
add me to the list of buyers receiving nothing but an empty tube. Bought a Giants Chili Davis bat from a seller in GA through EBAY -- tube arrived on 1/18/08 with one end taped/plugged and the other end missing the plug/partially taped. Seller has excellent feedback so I know he is not the problem.

I use a UPS store mail box and the USPS actually delivered an empty tube which seemed very bizarre and they did not say anything about it to the people who work at my UPS store location...USPS tells me they are looking into it....

bradleysupplies
01-28-2008, 08:30 PM
[quote=worldchamps;69924]
I then sent a bat Fed EX and it cost over $40 to send!!!!!

I am not sure what to use now....I have never had any problems with any of them, other than Fed EX charging so much.
[quote]

Try FedEx Ground instead of Express. The prices are about the same as UPS, include tracking, $100 insurance, and have been extremely reliable fo rme. All youhave to do is drop the package off at Kinko's. The best part is you can file a claim online, attach all your documentation, and usually within a few days a check arrives in the mail. I've been using them for 5+ years now for my media frame business and will not use the USPS or UPS.

Joel

metsbats
01-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Just a question. Are most of these bats in tubes. Most of the bats stolen are taken out of tubes on this thread. I never use tubes but the large triangular priority mail long boxes. Has anyone ever gotten a bat stolen from these larger packages?

-David

worldchamps
01-28-2008, 09:19 PM
When i went to Fed Ex i had the bat packaged in one of those triangular boxes...when she said $40 , i asked if that was correct...she said ground was cheaper but i could not send it groud in that package...it came down to I didn't want to take the chance of arguing with her and her messing with the package, or throwing it away...so i took the loss on shipping

bradleysupplies
01-28-2008, 11:23 PM
When i went to Fed Ex i had the bat packaged in one of those triangular boxes...when she said $40 , i asked if that was correct...she said ground was cheaper but i could not send it groud in that package...

She is correct that you cannot use the FedEx provided white boxes for ground. I would bet the same package would cost $10-$12 by Ground, depending where you ship and amount of insurance. My only point was that I have found them to be very reliable and professional.

Joel

gameusedbat.com
01-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Use Fedex Ground. We have been sending bats with them for years with no problems. To get around sending Fedex ground with those triangle tubes you need to fold the tubes inside out so only the cardboard color is showing.

Its essentially cheating but by the time you get to the counter they will have no idea it was one of their tubes because only the cardboard color will show. Its a bit tricky to fold those tubes inside out but if you look at the box you need to unglue the white flap on the bottom and then fold the tube the opposite way. You will quickly get the hang of this process and I have never had them question me when I send the bats ground. Typically the shipment costs about 9.00 with the appropiate declared value, plus you get to send from fedex kinkos locations so you can go at basically anytime to drop stuff off.

soxwin1
01-29-2008, 08:22 PM
I use the post office and ship bats in the Priority Mail triangle boxes. They are free but my post office does not ever have them in stock. I order them on line after setting up an account through the USPS. You want the 35 /36 long boxes obviously. The boxes are delivered to your house by the mail carrier it takes about 2 weeks. They come in a box of 20. Again there is no charge to order or have them sent to you.

I tape the ends up big time as well as add additional tape to the area that is pre glued. I have shipped out hundreds of bats this way and knock on wood never had an issue.

I do add delivery conf. and insurance if over $200.

Check out on the site
www.usps.com (http://www.usps.com)

Brian

Vintagedeputy
01-29-2008, 09:05 PM
One trick that I have found (and that I'll share) is that I will ship bats in tubes and label the tube with something like "drapery samples" or "blueprints".....something boring like that usually doesnt draw interest from the thieves.