PDA

View Full Version : Saw Miguel Cairo at a Grand Opening signing auto's for free....

camarokids
01-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Ran into Miguel Cairo 2 weeks ago at a Grand Opening in Pinellas Park , FL for Bounce U . In case you don't know what Bounce U is , it is a franchise of play zones for kids with air filled themed slides and jumping mazes and contraptions.

Funny thing about it . We received an invite in the mail about the Grand Opening weeks prior . But I never looked at the invite .

Then, on the day of the Grand Opening around 11am , my wife was going through the mail and said "Hey , Miguel Cairo is going to be here starting at 12:30p signing autographs".....

He was very friendly and even said he remembered me (right after I walked up to him) from 1998 and 1999 when I used to be an autograph hound.....

Got his auto on a 1999 gamer I have had for a long time....The bat looks much nicer now....

Miguel was even swinging the bat (held it for awhile), and was showing to some of the kids that were there.....

Miguel is friends with the owner.....

I have pics of him to post too , but I have to find them ....

suave1477
01-26-2008, 05:37 PM
I have met Miguel Cairo on a few occassions very nice guy, he even knows his own bats well. I showed him a bat of his and he took one look at it knew it was defintely his bat and explained to me why and what year he used it in.

The bat I have is from 2004 / Yankees.
Told me in 2004 he became fond of the Mota stick and to get the best grip on his bats he applied during that year double his normal amounts. He wanted to make sure his handles were caked with Mota.
He told different years he would try differnt things some years nothing applied to the handle some years pine tar but his favorites he said were 2004.

camarokids
01-26-2008, 07:29 PM
I asked him if he collected/saved his own equipment and he said he did .

Also he said he collected game used stuff of Hall of Famers.

I also asked how he liked being in New York and he said it was great.

He added he has a nice display in his house.......

Miguel does have an accent , so it was kinda hard to understand everything he said , plus I am half deaf........

Great guy and a pretty good player . If he could play everyday , I imagine he would be even better..