PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to D-Rays fan fest?

jake33
01-22-2008, 09:27 PM
just curious if anyone is going to the tampa bay rays fan fest on 2/23/08?

jake

jlew22
01-23-2008, 12:37 AM
I am going to try to make it but probably will not be able to because I play baseball. I went last year and had a great time. Did not get a chance to buy any game used though. Anyone have luck buying game used at the fan fest? I would be very interested in getting some Jonny Gomes stuff.

jake33
01-23-2008, 05:38 PM
they usually sell off just former player game used jerseys and bats, i hardly ever see current player items

gingi79
01-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Anyone going, I am looking for a gray Shawn Camp jersey (he just signed with Toronto) I saw them play the Jays last year and he was flagging fly balls before the game. He looked up at me in the stands and said "Hey bud, want a real game used ball?" I have been going to games for years and never came close to a catching a used ball so I said "Sure" He goes to his glove and threw me a ball which was used during the game the night before to get the last out of the 8th inning when he pitched. He told me what it was (rather than being a batting practice ball) and I was so impressed that he was so fan friendly, I've wanted a gamer of his ever since. If you are going, email me at gingi79@aol.com and help me get one! Thanks!

warheel
02-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Anyone going, I am looking for a gray Shawn Camp jersey (he just signed with Toronto) I saw them play the Jays last year and he was flagging fly balls before the game. He looked up at me in the stands and said "Hey bud, want a real game used ball?" I have been going to games for years and never came close to a catching a used ball so I said "Sure" He goes to his glove and threw me a ball which was used during the game the night before to get the last out of the 8th inning when he pitched. He told me what it was (rather than being a batting practice ball) and I was so impressed that he was so fan friendly, I've wanted a gamer of his ever since. If you are going, email me at gingi79@aol.com and help me get one! Thanks!

Last year I was at spring training with my then 3 year old daughter. We were watching the pitchers warm up and Shawn motioned to my daughter and rolled a ball our way. Nice guy.

chicagoglen
02-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Put me on the list as well.

I am still looking for a Raul Casanova non-team discript game used bat if anyone see's one there.

Thanks,

Glen

gsurwillo@msn.com