PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Going To Pirates Fest 2008?

NegleyPirate
01-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Hello I was wondering if anyone is going to Pirate's fest 2008 at the David Lawrence Convention Center??
Mike

hippo916
01-22-2008, 10:37 PM
In following with Mike's post, I am looking for a Kuwata jersey with use, and will pay a very nice profit to any forum member who is able to grab one at Pirate's Fest. Or I can return the favor by picking-up an A's jersey at their Fanfest.

GoTigers
01-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Any Idea what you can get a Jason Bay bat for up there? I'd be interested in one, and would pay a "handling fee" for picking it up.

bigtime59
01-23-2008, 09:11 AM
I'll be there on Friday. Please email any requests, with price you're willing to pay, to
bigtime39@aol.com
I'll be concentrating on jerseys, but will see what I can do about bats.

Mark

bigtime59
01-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Went to Pirates Fest this afternoon. Even after scoring (read--buying) VIP passes from season ticket holders, was (barely) able to get the red alternate jersey I wanted. (Sometimes it's good to collect obscure numbers!) There must have been 20 people in front of me, and by the looks of their purchasing habits, they were dealers. Run to the red alts! Grab five! Pay! Run get some more stuff! (There was a five-item limit, and there wasn't that much inventory out. Pirates staff did indicate they'd be replenishing it throughout Pirates Fest, though.) I actually felt a little disoriented, and gave up on the notion of buying anything to sell. Felt actually kind of lucky to get out with a G/I #59 red alt from 2007, and a G/U 2006 home.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

jrhrlh
01-25-2008, 10:52 PM
I also was able to go this evening. As a season ticket holder (yes there are a few of us) I was able to get in early before everything was picked thru. I have to agree with the above psot,if it was RED it was gone. The only red jerseys I saw were in buyers hands. There were quite a few home,away and BP jerseys from former players available along with locker name tags and bats. Also available were dugout jackets and pullovers and game issued away jerseys. These jerseys had no names or numbers but did have year and size tags on the inside. I hope these don't soon show up as "game used" because at $25 they were gone very quickly.

I did purchase 2 locker room tags (Fogg and Meadows),one of the $25 away jerseys (having my name added) and a Shane Youman GU and signed bat.

I will be going back on Sunday to see if any new item become available.