PDA

View Full Version : Untouchable list

joelsabi
01-17-2008, 06:09 PM
How many item do you have on your untouchable list. AN item you would never sell. An item you could never upgrade. Item you can never part with for christmas money or vacation money. Item you would never consider trading as well. What makes your items untouchable in your collection.

godwulf
01-17-2008, 06:34 PM
I own Phineas T. Firebird - the Phoenix Firebirds mascot, who retired after the '97 season, and who has been on a mannequin in my Bat Cave for about five years, surrounded by game-used Firebirds gear and other mementos of his glory days. I promised his previous owner - the man who'd worn the costume for a number of years - that Phineas would always have a good home with me. The only way I'd ever give him up would be if there were some kind of Arizona-related Baseball museum established, to which I would consider loaning or even donating him.

Wyldkrd
09-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Hey Godwulf,
It's me the guy that sold Phineas to you! I need to get in touch with you about the suit. I'm working on something so if you can contact me that would be great. I lost your email address after going through a few computers. If there is any doubt it's me, you have 2 actual suits and 1 head.

skyking26
09-03-2008, 01:40 PM
How many item do you have on your untouchable list. AN item you would never sell. An item you could never upgrade. Item you can never part with for christmas money or vacation money. Item you would never consider trading as well. What makes your items untouchable in your collection.
Right now. I'd list my untouchables list as follows:
*'72 Kingman road flannel Giants
*'73 Kingman home knit Giants
*Kingman Giants GU helmet
*Kingman Mets GU helmet
*Kingman Mets 1st baseman glove
*Kingman Mets OF mid 70's glove with photomatch
*Kingman Mets 82 home jersey
*Kingman Giants, Mets, Cubs, Padres, A's GU jackets
*Kingman Tropics home and road jerseys
*Kingman A's 84 road jersey
*Kingman 85 gold and white home jerseys (I could see letting one go under the right circumstances)
*76 gu All Star game bat
*80 Kingman Cubs home jersey (I'd trade this only under the right circumstances)

sylbry
09-03-2008, 02:54 PM
I have a couple of items I could never envision myself parting with but there is only one item that is truly untouchable and that is a 1949 Minneapolis Millers complete uniform worn by Otey Clark. The reason it is untouchable is simply I told Otey I wouldn't sell it.

godwulf
09-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Hey Godwulf,
It's me the guy that sold Phineas to you! I need to get in touch with you about the suit. I'm working on something so if you can contact me that would be great. I lost your email address after going through a few computers. If there is any doubt it's me, you have 2 actual suits and 1 head.

Hey, S! You can email me at

godwulf1@cox.net

Tay1038
09-03-2008, 03:49 PM
I have a couple of items I could never envision myself parting with but there is only one item that is truly untouchable and that is a 1949 Minneapolis Millers complete uniform worn by Otey Clark. The reason it is untouchable is simply I told Otey I wouldn't sell it.

Would you take a donation for it? ha! eventually, if it does not get passed down it would find a good home, in my untouchable zone, which happens to be in the same state of Minnesota! :D

thomecollector
09-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Right now there are 3 Thome items on my untouchables list.......
1) '95 Worth Game Used uncracked bat. It was my first Thome bat. I drove 8 1/2 Hrs to be first in line to get an awesome gold signature.
2) My '95 Thome Game Used Home World Series jersey, also signed. Never seen another one. Probably never will. They placed the World Series patch right over the Jacobs Field patch. Have been offered $3000 for that one.
Last......My '06 White Sox First Base mitt. His first one with the Sox..............Priceless !:D