PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have dealings with ebay gamegear777?

mvandor
01-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Interested in some of his items, would appreciate info on anyone's dealings with him...

jayt1234
01-17-2008, 04:43 PM
I have bought twice and feel he is very reputable. I recently bought a pair of autographed Keith Bulluck G/U cleats from the Titans Monday night game in Denver and they are 100% legit. They are player sample/promo models with the platinum soles/cleats and I was able to photo match them from the game as well. He has had in the past a number of game used or issued items that were player specific models that could not be bought in stores.

Jay

jayt1234
01-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Also bough Roy Williams (Cowboys) autographed glove.

mvandor
01-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks Jay. Anyone else?

I just won a pair of Shawne Merriman 2007 game used gloves but couldn't photo match them like the Sproles and Chambers gloves he's selling, so wanted opinions as to seller.

mvandor
01-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Bump...

chris13
01-20-2008, 01:17 PM
I purchased a pair of g/u Shannon Sharpe gloves from him a few years back and was happy with them as well...for what it's worth...

mvandor
01-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Update.

Seller shipped very fast, but I'm disappointed to say not only do the gloves appear BRAND NEW, they are virtually spotless inside and out making it very evident they saw NO game use from anywhere more than the bench. Definitely not "game worn" by anyone - certainly not Shawne Merriman, who battles with his hands all game long. Further, although XL, they nearly cut off circulation in my fingers at 5'10" and 180 lbs. Merriman has about 100 lbs on me, no way he could wear these, they'd have to amputate his fingers after 3 hours in these.

Have emailed seller will let everyone know if he's honorable on a return.

mvandor
01-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Interested in opinion of others.

I'm now involved in a dispute with this seller over this item. The listing carried the description "YOU ARE BIDDING ON A PAIR OF USED AUTOGRAPHED GLOVES SIGNED IN BLACK SHARPIE BY MERRIMAN FROM THE 2007 SEASON. (NO INFORMATION ON WHEN THE GLOVES WERE USED.)"

When I could not photomatch them, I asked and seller indicated they could have been practice worn. However, upon receipt, it was evident gloves were brand new, they were immaculate inside and out and although XL, were uncomfortably snug on my hands and I'm 5'10" and 180 lbs. - Merriman is listed as 275 lb.

Conclusion, they were never on Merriman's hands as I do not see how they could fit. They showed ZERO signs of wear.

Would you disput the transaction?

jayt1234
02-03-2008, 03:37 PM
I mentioned I had bought some cleats from him that were 100% legit so I am hoping he has refunded your money without any problems. I too went on a search for the gloves you bought and since the leauge allowed Nike to have there logo on certain items it does appear as though Merriman did not wear that style of glove in 2007 ( but did in 2006 minus the Nike symbols). I hope it works out since this guy has had in the past some items that were player specific and does not seem to need to sell fake items.

Jay

DRILLINDK
02-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Update.

Seller shipped very fast, but I'm disappointed to say not only do the gloves appear BRAND NEW, they are virtually spotless inside and out making it very evident they saw NO game use from anywhere more than the bench. Definitely not "game worn" by anyone - certainly not Shawne Merriman, who battles with his hands all game long. Further, although XL, they nearly cut off circulation in my fingers at 5'10" and 180 lbs. Merriman has about 100 lbs on me, no way he could wear these, they'd have to amputate his fingers after 3 hours in these.

Have emailed seller will let everyone know if he's honorable on a return.

Thanks, I stay clear of that Ebayer. Keep us posted on what happens.

mvandor
02-03-2008, 11:59 PM
He gave me attitude from the get go when I requested return and objected to absorbing more than return postage. I'm now waiting the result of my Paypal and AMEX chargeback claims. Hate to rely on Paypal, but they took part of the payment out of my Paypal account and part was billed to AMEX.

Guy hasn't responded to either claim, but he said he'd be in AZ for the SB so we'll see. IMHO he was simply too loose with his description, doubt it was intentional, but the sig when I checked it wasn't close to other examplars out there either, so I would not recommend him.

jayt1234
03-05-2008, 04:10 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARGERS-SHAWNE-MERRIMAN-AUTOGRAPHED-NFL-GLOVES-2007_W0QQitemZ200205375051QQihZ010QQcategoryZ50119 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jay

mvandor
03-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Seller ultimately agreed to refund money and I returned gloves, however, I'm caught in Paypal hell as I'd filed a dispute with them over the transaction when he was being snarky earlier on. Because good old Paypal took part of the payment from my Paypal balance and the rest from AMEX, I also filed an AMEX dispute, but boy Paypal HATES that, so they're dragging their feet. They're earning interest on seller's money while they jerk me around, even after I killed the AMEX dispute.

PIA.

mvandor
04-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Update: It has been months since Paypal refunded the non-Amex part of my payment to seller (I returned the gloves to him), yet seller has not returned those funds to me and now refuses to respond.

At this juncture, seller has the glove and most of my monies. When Paypal is done taking their sweet time closing my AMEX claim, those monies too will go to seller.

At this juncture, I must conclude I have been stolen from and must caution all GUU members on doing business with this ebay seller.

commando
04-15-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear the update... At this point, I only use a credit card through Paypal for expensive items -- for the exact same reason you have posted. Trying to use Paypal's buyer "protection" is ridiculous, and I have taken the stance that they really offer no protection at all.

mvandor
04-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Conclusion: I strongly recommend you avoid this seller. He has stalled and stalled and consistently failed to refund the cash portion of the transaction he received from Paypal over two months ago. He received the gloves back and re-listed them accurately making $20+ instead of the $100+ he made from me when inferring they were game used. I have no more recourse over that part, it is lost and in his pocket. I have reinstituted the AMEX claim over that part to ensure he doesn't get that as well.

Can only conclude seller is dishonest.