PDA

View Full Version : Monday Morning Goodwill Score

slidekellyslide
02-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Why in the world would someone give these away to the Goodwill?

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/9352/monday003medium4mw.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Well it's probably nothing to most of you guys, but to this Husker fan this is a major score. Barrett Ruud is the alltime leading tackler at Nebraska and he's a legend around here.

mjkm90
02-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Those are pretty cool. That being said, I would turn them on ebay and buy something vintage with the $.

slidekellyslide
02-13-2006, 03:15 PM
I'll probably keep one of the Texas game awards and sell the rest on ebay.

suave1477
02-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Hello slidekellyslide, here is an FUNNY story for you ( MIND YOU I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COLLEGE FOOTBALL ). I was vacationing a couple of years back in south beach miami it was new years eve weekend, and I am sitting at an out door bar having a beer at a big table by myself. All of a sudden 8 big husky guys come over to me and ask me if I mind them sitting at my table cuz there is no where else to sit. I said no go right ahead. So we start talking and I ask them what brings you guys to Miami, they told me there here playing football from ohio. The way they made it sound was like there somebody, like I am supposed to know who they are. My friend who was with me down there was in the hotel room so I called him ( he's into college football ) I sked if he ever heard of these guys he was like man HELLS YEAH THATS THE BUCKEYES THERE HERE TO PLAY THE CANES!!! he came running down to meet me and we ended up hanging out with them all night and drinking, just so happens they ended up winning the championship and the guy we were hanging out with was the number 1 overall draft pick / go figure!!!! / oh yeah i got some funny pictures of us drunk lol lol

vintagesportscollector
02-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Dan- That is hard to believe....those are cool.

Suave- Was the guy you partied with Orlando Pace? 1997?

Rob L
02-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Dan,

Awesome pickup. Mind me asking what Goodwill was charging?

Take care,

Rob L

trsent
02-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Hello slidekellyslide, here is an FUNNY story for you ( MIND YOU I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COLLEGE FOOTBALL ). I was vacationing a couple of years back in south beach miami it was new years eve weekend, and I am sitting at an out door bar having a beer at a big table by myself. All of a sudden 8 big husky guys come over to me and ask me if I mind them sitting at my table cuz there is no where else to sit. I said no go right ahead. So we start talking and I ask them what brings you guys to Miami, they told me there here playing football from ohio. The way they made it sound was like there somebody, like I am supposed to know who they are. My friend who was with me down there was in the hotel room so I called him ( he's into college football ) I sked if he ever heard of these guys he was like man HELLS YEAH THATS THE BUCKEYES THERE HERE TO PLAY THE CANES!!! he came running down to meet me and we ended up hanging out with them all night and drinking, just so happens they ended up winning the championship and the guy we were hanging out with was the number 1 overall draft pick / go figure!!!! / oh yeah i got some funny pictures of us drunk lol lol

Great story, just one thing - Didn't the Buckeyes play Miami in Tempe to win the National Championship? I was at the game, so I am confused why they were in Miami for New Years to play a game in Tempe, AZ?

vintagesportscollector
02-13-2006, 08:12 PM
That's true. The only bowl game OSU played against Miami was the Fiesta Bowl in 2003 in Tempe AZ.

Perhaps it was the Citrus (Orlando) or the Outback(Tampa) and the Bucks were playing a team other than the 'canes. Although would be suprised if they would be in Miami partying the night before.

Suave- Do you recall what year that was? :) I think you had too much to drink that night!! :p

trsent
02-13-2006, 08:45 PM
It is funny, leaving that game after watching Ohio State pull off the upset, I figured I would never see a better football game.

Needless to say, I didn't see it live like that game back in Tempe, but I think this years National Championship game topped that great upset!

slidekellyslide
02-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Hey Rob, I paid $60 for all 7....5 were marked $9.99 and two were marked $4.99....I have no idea why the discrepancy, but I wasn't going to argue. ;)

suave1477
02-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Hello Guys,

Well as I said I am not a football guy, but it was them for a fact. I don't know why they were in miami that night but it was them. The reason why I know it was them bcuz as I stated before my friend is into college football and when he saw them he recognized who they were right away. To make it more interesting about a month or 2 later my friend calls me up and says go online right now and check out the nfl draft and sure enough it was the guy we were drinking with. I am not sure if it was the BUCKEYES or the HAWKEYES but I know it was one of them. At the time I printed up there roster and I put it away somewhere I will look for it and tell you for sure who it was!!! AND BY THE WAY VINTAGE I WASNT THAT DRUNK LOL LOL